ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 AND COA

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raayhaan
Newly Registered

EEA2 AND COA

Post by raayhaan » Mon May 10, 2010 4:26 pm

Hi just like to know do i to send seprate application for COA and than EEA2 OR EEA2 application is enough to get COA. i married with EEA national in mosque and we have only one paper which shows that we married in Islamic law and also want to know can i send COA application if my student visa will expire.

86ti
Diamond Member

Re: EEA2 AND COA

Post by 86ti » Tue May 11, 2010 8:18 am

raayhaan wrote: i married with EEA national in mosque and we have only one paper which shows that we married in Islamic law
Is this sufficient to be recognized as a married couple in the UK? It is slightly confusing as to what CoA (Certificate of Approval for marriage or Certificate of Application(EEA2)) you are referring to in this context.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue May 11, 2010 8:22 am

86ti wrote:Is this sufficient to be recognized as a married couple in the UK?
I don't think it is, 86ti.

I think in the eyes of the government of the UK, the couple are not married. The OP know this, which is why he's looking to the UKBA for a Certificate of Approval to marry.

Or am I mistaken?
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

ashah24
Newly Registered

Post by ashah24 » Wed May 12, 2010 11:32 pm

raayhaan wrote:Hi just like to know do i to send seprate application for COA and than EEA2 OR EEA2 application is enough to get COA. i married with EEA national in mosque and we have only one paper which shows that we married in Islamic law and also want to know can i send COA application if my student visa will expire.
Hi,

You need to send your COA application first and then once you have done the register office marriage, you can apply for EEA2. Although you can also apply as un married partner depending on your circumstances.

This is what i have just done and i have now sent in my EEA2 Application.

raayhaan
Newly Registered

Post by raayhaan » Thu May 13, 2010 1:15 pm

thanks ashah24

how long it take to get COA.

ashah24
Newly Registered

Post by ashah24 » Thu May 13, 2010 2:44 pm

It took 9 months for the COA to come through but that's because I had no legal status at all...

missames
Newly Registered

Post by missames » Mon May 17, 2010 12:13 pm

It took me 2 months for my COA to come back. I was on a Working Holiday visa.

Conditions are that you need to apply 3 months before your current visa expires, and your current visa has to be longer than 6 months. Though they are considering people without legal status now.

Good luck!