ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous earning query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

umaroff
Newly Registered

Previous earning query

Post by umaroff » Thu May 13, 2010 7:11 pm

Initial application.

May 09 - Dec 09 -> Physically worked in UK, payment made into UK Bank Account
Jan 10 - April 10 -> Physically worked overseas, payment made into UK Bank Account (Is it correct to use uplift ratio for this period?)

pkumar
Member of Standing

Re: Previous earning query

Post by pkumar » Thu May 13, 2010 7:49 pm

Since salary paid in UK ... is no uplift ratio? ... am i missing something?

umaroff
Newly Registered

Post by umaroff » Thu May 13, 2010 8:14 pm

pkumar wrote:Since salary paid in UK ... is no uplift ratio? ... am i missing something?
I am trying to get clarification on which statement is correct:

1. Physical work should be carried out outside of UK and salary payment should be made in that country to be eligible to use Uplift ratio.

2. Physical work should be carried out outside of UK to be eligible to use Uplift ratio and it doesn't matter to which country's bank account salary payment is made to.

pkumar
Member of Standing

Post by pkumar » Thu May 13, 2010 8:23 pm

Country were you paid taxes is the country you consider source of income ..... now if you paid tax in india and salary got deposited in UK .. is very confusing .... not sure if case worker will take it as straight forward case ....

umaroff
Newly Registered

Post by umaroff » Thu May 13, 2010 9:28 pm

pkumar wrote:Country were you paid taxes is the country you consider source of income ..... now if you paid tax in india and salary got deposited in UK .. is very confusing .... not sure if case worker will take it as straight forward case ....
I agree it might not be straight forward case...

However, I don't think it is correct to say UKBA will consider Uplift ratio depending where I paid income tax as I couldn't find anything that says that in guidelines.

To top it up income tax was paid in both countries for that period as UK don't have Double Taxation Agreement with my country. Tax paid back home as physical work was carried over there. Tax paid also in UK as by HMRC laws you are UK resident and never left UK permanently and brought income to UK.

Any other advice or clarification from anyone else?