ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time for visa to come after submitting medical reports

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

quest2010

Time for visa to come after submitting medical reports

Post by quest2010 » Wed May 12, 2010 8:44 pm

Hi,

I have applied for Canada work permit from India. I got my passport back after a month and the embassy asked me to proceed for medical tests. I have submitted by reports to embassy a week back but have still not heard anything from them.

Could you please let me know how much time does it take for visa to come and what should be the next steps? Would they contact me?

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Re: Time for visa to come after submitting medical reports

Post by raymasa2 » Thu May 13, 2010 8:57 am

quest2010 wrote:Hi,

I have applied for Canada work permit from India. I got my passport back after a month and the embassy asked me to proceed for medical tests. I have submitted by reports to embassy a week back but have still not heard anything from them.

Could you please let me know how much time does it take for visa to come and what should be the next steps? Would they contact me?

It can take up to several months. I have never heard of any one getting a passport request within a week of submitting medical ( Medical report goes to Canada for review by Canadian doctors.). I have heard of people waiting up to 7 to 8 months for it. Usually it is 2-3 months, sometimes sooner, sometimes later.

The next step would be either CHC :

- asking you for your passport to stamp the visa
- asking you to re-do the medical or parts, if the medical report is not clear to them
- possibly (usually not. this would be very rare) asking you for more information about your application
- refusing your application. Again very rare at this stage, unless there is an issue with the medical report

Ray

quest2010

Post by quest2010 » Thu May 13, 2010 12:10 pm

Thanks Ray.

I had initially submitted my application to Embassy on 5th April. After first round of scrutinizing of documents, they returned me my passport after a month and asked me to proceed for medical tests. They had asked me to send my passport back after medical tests are done along with a cover letter. After getting my medical tests done, I have sent them the passport along with cover letter last week.

Hospital people have also sent the reports to the embassy.

I was just wondering if they will take still so long to process the medical reports as it is not for immigration but only for work permit. I mean if they take so long to issue a work permit, the project might get over :-).

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Re: Time for visa to come after submitting medical reports

Post by raymasa2 » Thu May 13, 2010 4:27 pm

quest2010 wrote:Hi,

My apologies. I missed the work permit part. Sorry about that. In that case, it should not take that long. However, the report still goes to Canada for review by doctors there, so it would still take a fair bit, longer than a week. If you havent heard in another week, you may want to send an email to CHC (assuming CHC India have that facilitiy)

Ray

quest2010

Post by quest2010 » Fri May 14, 2010 8:33 am

Thank you Ray. It definitely relieves me a bit :-)