ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (SET M) ESOL QUERY HELP!!!

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

morocco2010
Newly Registered

ILR (SET M) ESOL QUERY HELP!!!

Post by morocco2010 » Thu May 13, 2010 9:46 pm

Hi,

I am in desperate need of your help.

My friend has confirmed that he was claiming tax credit and the ESOL course for citizenship was free.

The course was passed by his wife and she received the letter conforming that she took the course with them.

When enrolling his wife they asked for his passport and conformation letter of his tax credits.

I contacted a local centre who advised that even though i may have tax credits but I will still need to pay £230 for the course.

He further confused me by saying there are 2 courses ESOL standard & ESOL +.

I felt i was being misled and need guidance.

Is it true that claiming tax credits enables my wife to enrol on the course free of charge and is their such thing as ESOL + for indefinite leave to remain applications.

Thanks

oldno7
Newly Registered

Post by oldno7 » Fri May 14, 2010 11:20 am

I'm not sure about the tax credit question. But in regards to the ESOL, There are many different kinds. The one you need to enrol on is an ESOL course with Home Office approved materials. Without this type of approved course it is worthless with ILR applications. When checking with colleges make sure to verify this, as a lot of colleges are ignorant or misleading about this simply to get people on their courses anyway.