ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2_Dependent_Refused_thrice

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ispookie666
Newly Registered

Tier2_Dependent_Refused_thrice

Post by ispookie666 » Fri May 14, 2010 10:34 pm

Hi
My dependents visas have been refused thrice.
1st time - Lack of maintenance funds - I had submitted letter from the sponsor stating that they would maintain me and my family.
2nd time - Lack of maintenance funds - inspite of me showing 1900 pounds in bank balance for three months when the required was 1866 and the closing balance was 6500pounds
3rd time - Lack of maintenance funds - inspite of showing letter from bank stating that i have maintained more than 3200 as balance and the closing balance is 6500 pounds and bank statement and my wife's bank statement showing 2000 pounds as minimum balance over a period of four months.

I have appeal process going on for my first two refusals.. and the first one is with the immigration judge.

I do earn a pay of 3200 pounds after tax and have attached all my payslips to date and my council tax bill, let agreement, and letter from my employer for the same.. and i do come in the shortage occupancy list....i wonder if the UKBA thinks i cannot maintain my family.. who in this country would??

I'm lost as to what is to be done.. as my visa application cost have reached 1700pounds

Markie

Re: Tier2_Dependent_Refused_thrice

Post by Markie » Sat May 15, 2010 6:56 am

sorry for your current problems...my first question will be how long have you been in the UK as this dictates the maint fund required?
ispookie666 wrote:Hi
My dependents visas have been refused thrice.
1st time - Lack of maintenance funds - I had submitted letter from the sponsor stating that they would maintain me and my family.
2nd time - Lack of maintenance funds - inspite of me showing 1900 pounds in bank balance for three months when the required was 1866 and the closing balance was 6500pounds
3rd time - Lack of maintenance funds - inspite of showing letter from bank stating that i have maintained more than 3200 as balance and the closing balance is 6500 pounds and bank statement and my wife's bank statement showing 2000 pounds as minimum balance over a period of four months.

I have appeal process going on for my first two refusals.. and the first one is with the immigration judge.

I do earn a pay of 3200 pounds after tax and have attached all my payslips to date and my council tax bill, let agreement, and letter from my employer for the same.. and i do come in the shortage occupancy list....i wonder if the UKBA thinks i cannot maintain my family.. who in this country would??

I'm lost as to what is to be done.. as my visa application cost have reached 1700pounds

ispookie666
Newly Registered

Post by ispookie666 » Sat May 15, 2010 11:54 am

have been here for 9 months..and my visa is for 3 years

agaurav009
Newly Registered

Wish you all the best

Post by agaurav009 » Sat May 15, 2010 6:44 pm

Hi,
I am also going through tough times regarding the spouse visa. My wife's visa was rejected 4 weeks back. We have re-applied with the correction for the mistake which was mentioned in the refusal letter. reason was the same, maintainence funds lacking. But we reapplied, not appealed.
I was wondering can you appeal as well as re-apply?
Maybe they are waiting for your appeal to get cleared before the visa decision is made.
I wish you and your wife all the best.
Seems like in order to be more restrictive, they are just picking fall-guys and not genuinely those whom they should be restricting.
Anyway, keeping the fingers crossed.

Anand

dr in distress

Post by dr in distress » Sat May 15, 2010 8:24 pm

they r refusing visas for minor reasons in our country.in my case they are satisfied with all credentials except i submitted my hubbys passport copy without attestation.so have to reapply as i cant wait for appeal process.

agaurav009
Newly Registered

country

Post by agaurav009 » Sat May 15, 2010 10:01 pm

I am from India. dr_in_distress, I guess you r from Pakistan. What about you ispookie? Which country are we talking of, in your case?

ispookie666
Newly Registered

Post by ispookie666 » Sun May 16, 2010 7:41 pm

India...
Its easy money for UK government....

ispookie666
Newly Registered

Post by ispookie666 » Sun May 16, 2010 7:56 pm

U can reapply for visa aswell as lodge an appeal. The process of appeal depends on where u have lodged it.
If with the AIT
--- they collect all your documents which you have sent along with your appeal form and then lodge it and send you an appeal lodged letter and send a letter to the consulate for the Entry clearance manager to review the decision. If the ECM decides to overturn the ECO's decision then they send a letter to the respondent to come for visa issue. If the ECM decides to uphold the decision then they prepare a bundle and send it back to AIT.
Once the AIT receives it, they give a deadline to submit any further documents and after that goes to an immigration judge.. the whole process would take 4-6months.

ispookie666
Newly Registered

Post by ispookie666 » Sun May 16, 2010 7:59 pm

If with the consultate
--- the ECM looks into the matter and if he overturns the decision then a letter is send to the respondent to come for visa. If the ECM upholds the ECO's decision then a bundle is prepared(includes all the documents you had submitted for the visa purpose along with a letter stating the same and their reasoning as to why it was refused) and send to the AIT to lodge and appeal. Once AIT receives it.. they send the respondent a letter to submit any further proof before deadline.. and then it goes to an immigration judge.
The time line are the same around 4-6 months.

ispookie666
Newly Registered

Post by ispookie666 » Sun May 16, 2010 8:02 pm

If i win my appeal... i will surely sue the Home office :twisted: :x :twisted:

agaurav009
Newly Registered

reasons

Post by agaurav009 » Mon May 17, 2010 5:02 am

Hi ispookie,
Could you tell what was the reason they gave for refusing on monetary grounds on all the three occassions, if you don't mind.

Thanks.
Anand

Markie

Post by Markie » Mon May 17, 2010 12:47 pm

in that case since you are here in the UK less than 12 months, £800 for you plus the required fund of £1600 for your wife which is equivalent to £2400 in total and should be maintained for at least 3 months prior to application.

Have they given you a chance to appeal?
ispookie666 wrote:have been here for 9 months..and my visa is for 3 years

agaurav009
Newly Registered

Post by agaurav009 » Tue May 18, 2010 9:05 pm

hi ispookie,
can you please give me your contact number. u cam pm it to me. i'll like to talk to you just in case i need to be prepared for another refusal. Our case seems very similar as I also arrived at similar time frame as yours, to UK with similar visa.

Thanks
Anand

dr in distress

Post by dr in distress » Wed May 19, 2010 8:18 pm

yes i,m from pakistan.my husband got new i yr contract in uk.i will reapply as soon as gets his passport stamped.they refused our visa due to silly reason.

ispookie666
Newly Registered

update

Post by ispookie666 » Thu May 20, 2010 3:26 pm

Quiet a lot of things going on this week.
I won my first appeal, the second appeal was reconsidered by the ECM and called my wife and daughter for visa stamping and got it done in a single day...

Looks like there's been something murky going on with the home office now..

I have heard form other sources that they have relaxed the issue of visa's again... which they had tightened a couple of months back.

Regarding the the refusals.. they said "i'm not satisfied that you have shown the requisite amount to the tune of 1600 pounds in your account for a period of three months"

ispookie666
Newly Registered

re: Markie

Post by ispookie666 » Thu May 20, 2010 3:29 pm

Sorry
"how was the amount calculated as £2400.00, i have been searching the home office base for long.. and even by their example it comes to £1866.00 and the amount is different in Tier 1. I hope they are not screwing me up thinking its Tier 1 :evil: