ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US citizen refused UK marriage visa(worried and upset please

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vincent27
Newly Registered

US citizen refused UK marriage visa(worried and upset please

Post by vincent27 » Sat May 15, 2010 5:16 am

I am really upset, today i got the news from British embassy in NY that my marriage visitor visa has been refused, I have visited Uk several times and never voilated any immigration rules and girl friend is on ILR . All i wanted is to mary thats it!
Now my question?
After being refused marriage visitor visa can i visit her on visa waiver?
please reply me as soon as possible

i showed more that 15000 USD in bank statements, to cover my expanses for marriage.
thanks

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Sat May 15, 2010 6:48 am

Having been refused an Entry Clearance, there is a high probability that if you just turn up at a UK port or airport and seek entry as a visitor you will be refused entry.

Have you no right of appeal against the EC refusal? If you are able to post the text of the refusal notice (deleting all personal references), someone may be able to offer you advice as to what to do next.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat May 15, 2010 7:47 am

Mr Rusty wrote:Having been refused an Entry Clearance, there is a high probability that if you just turn up at a UK port or airport and seek entry as a visitor you will be refused entry.

Have you no right of appeal against the EC refusal? If you are able to post the text of the refusal notice (deleting all personal references), someone may be able to offer you advice as to what to do next.
A look at the OP's previous posts might help, seems the whole plan is flawed and ill-thought out.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat May 15, 2010 8:04 am

Wanderer, I agree.

vincent27, why on earth did you not apply for a fiancé visa? Having read your
previous posts, that sounds much more appropriate.
John

vincent27
Newly Registered

Post by vincent27 » Sat May 15, 2010 11:36 am

i will get a written decision today or monday
that is what the email says
We regret to inform you that after careful consideration against the immigration rules, your UK visa application has been unsuccessful. You will also find enclosed a detailed notice explaining exactly why your application was refused and information on your appeal rights.

so i cannot go to UK for visit also ?

What is a fiance visa i dont want to stay there, coz i have job and bsiness here in US

vincent27
Newly Registered

Post by vincent27 » Sat May 15, 2010 1:28 pm

no i am not interested to migrate to uk, In last six months my business start getting better and and i am quite happy here in US. I know in my previous posts i mentioned my intention to stay in UK.
I have a full time job which i had for last 5 years and a part-time job for last 4 years and on the side online business, i have enough income to show that i have no intention to go to UK and work there.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat May 15, 2010 1:54 pm

I that case I can't see anyway forward, fiance/spouse is not applicable since you don't intend to live in the UK, and visitor you've buggered up by getting a MMV refusal meaning a visit visa is not a formailty anymore.

Only option left is for her to visit your or you meet in a third country.

vincent27
Newly Registered

Post by vincent27 » Sat May 15, 2010 2:04 pm

cant i visit her in UK or reapply for marrigae visitor visa
or visit visa,
thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat May 15, 2010 2:09 pm

vincent27 wrote:cant i visit her in UK or reapply for marrigae visitor visa
or visit visa,
thanks
You can reapply. You can also apply for a visit visa formally - you have to now since you have been refused a visa to UK.

We'll need to see the reasons for refusal first tho when u get them.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat May 15, 2010 3:27 pm

Why not her applying for a fiancée visa from the US embassy, then going to the USA and getting married, and then upgrading to a spouse visa in the USA?

As I understand it, it is easier to get a fiancée visa than going straight for a spouse visa. So not getting married in the UK will cut out the hassle of going direct for a spouse visa.
John

vincent27
Newly Registered

Post by vincent27 » Sat May 15, 2010 3:39 pm

the prblem is this four years ago she was years ago she was arested for shoplifting and the she cannot travel to US before 5 years bar is finished, so there k1 visq is a option but to bring her to US the best way would be to mary her because it would make my case strong got visa waiver application.

vincent27
Newly Registered

Post by vincent27 » Sat May 15, 2010 3:46 pm

Also i have visit visa stamped on my previous indian passport which is valid till june 2011 can i got this visa before i got US citizenship, i also send a copy of that visa to UK embassy of that visa, can i travel on that visa,
thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat May 15, 2010 5:30 pm

vincent27 wrote:Also i have visit visa stamped on my previous indian passport which is valid till june 2011 can i got this visa before i got US citizenship, i also send a copy of that visa to UK embassy of that visa, can i travel on that visa,
thanks
If you have US citizenship ur Indian passport is invalid as is the visa therein.