ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 year timeline for claiming spouse spoints

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abhijeetrao
Newly Registered

2 year timeline for claiming spouse spoints

Post by abhijeetrao » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:34 am

I wanted to clarify this 2 years requirement thing. As far as I can see in the application form , that showing 2 years requirement is only necessary if you are not officially married and living with your spouse or partner. I dont see any specific mention that we need to show 2 years of living together for married couples who have a marriage certificate. You do need to provide marriage certificate but I dont see anything that says you have to show that you have been living for 2 years together for married people.

Please clarify.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:41 am

As far as I can see in the application form , that showing 2 years requirement is only necessary if you are not officially married and living with your spouse or partner.
Thats not correct, I am afraid. You need to read the guidlines document which can be downloaded from the HO website. Claiming spouse points requires showing proof of relationship of either marriage, or a relationship akin to marriage. This includes spouses, civil partners, unmarried partners or same sex partners.

Refer to page 27 and 28 for more details.

abhijeetrao
Newly Registered

Post by abhijeetrao » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:44 am

Hello
Could you send me the link where this is written. I think I read the guidelines and did not see anywhere where they have specifically mentioned that an applicant must be MARRIED AND LIVING WITH PARTNER AFTER MARRIAGE for two years to claim spouse points

I see that they mention that for unmarried partners who do not have official marriage certificate but are living together , have to provide this proof of 2 years.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:57 am

Well if you have read the guidlines then refer to page 27 and 28.