ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is Green Card Lottery Program?

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saunderscolin15
Newly Registered

Post by saunderscolin15 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:57 am

I am from some country, citizens of which are not eligible to apply for Green Card, but my wife is from Bhutan and Bhutanese citizens are eligible.
I want to know is it possible for her and me to apply for the Green Card. Also, neither she nor I have ever gone to US before.
If at all, we are eligible, will it be ok to take help of some attorney or consultant to apply for the green card process?

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Re: What is Green Card Lottery Program?

Post by Marco 72 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:53 pm

saunderscolin15 wrote:What is Green Card Lottery Program?
I am from some country, citizens of which are not eligible to apply for Green Card, but my wife is from Bhutan and Bhutanese citizens are eligible.
I want to know is it possible for her and me to apply for the Green Card. Also, neither she nor I have ever gone to US before.
If at all, we are eligible, will it be ok to take help of some attorney or consultant to apply for the green card process?
Yes, your wife can apply and you can apply as well claiming cross-chargeability. No need to use a lawyer, you can ask questions on the following forum instead, which has more traffic than this one:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34

ethan1066
Newly Registered

Post by ethan1066 » Sat May 15, 2010 2:44 pm

Each year, the Diversity Visa Lottery Program makes 50,000 permanent visas (Green Cards) available through a lottery administered by the U.S. Department of State. If you receive a Green Card through this program, you and your family will be authorized to live and work permanently in the United States.

chris123
- thin ice -

Post by chris123 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:29 pm

You wife should apply this and she will get Green card once than you would be get by her.So i suggest you that your wife should apply instead you both apply.Once she get its mean you also get.