ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working as Contractor - Pension Contributions

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ashwin2005

Working as Contractor - Pension Contributions

Post by Ashwin2005 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:54 am

I read from a web site that the contributions to the pension fund are deductable from tax. When these contributions will be returned to the contractor? Is there any minimum lock in period? In case we leave the country, will this be paid back to us?

vin123
Member of Standing

Re: Working as Contractor - Pension Contributions

Post by vin123 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:16 pm

Code: Select all

I read from a web site that the contributions to the pension fund are deductable from tax.
You mean your employers pension fund ?
Yes, in general your contributions will get tax relief and same is applicable for the pension fund' growth. But soon they are planning to bring some 'cappings'. I think its been proposed that to start this financial year from April 2006.

Code: Select all

When these contributions will be returned to the contractor? Is there any minimum lock in period? In case we leave the country, will this be paid back to us?
There is lock periods. Nature of such long term investment and the type of contributory pensions vary widely. You will have to find out more about "breaking away" from your employer' pension provider advisor person. Most likely, it will not work in your favour.

You can get a lot of information from www.pensions.gov.uk