ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received my naturalization What can i do about my family

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aakhtar
Newly Registered

Received my naturalization What can i do about my family

Post by aakhtar » Sun May 16, 2010 11:47 am

hi i just received my naturalization last week and i am going through the process for the certificate and the passport but what i would like know is what can i do for my family status my wife is on stamp 3 and my two older sons on stamp 2 my younger daughter is also on stamp 3 is it possible to get my whole family's status changed to satmp4 any response will be much appropriated
Regards

iluvireland

Post by iluvireland » Sun May 16, 2010 12:43 pm

when i you get passport then your wife wil be stamp4 also your childrens statas wil change,

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Sun May 16, 2010 1:35 pm

although children (from the sounds of it they are not irish or born in ireland) can't normally naturalise until they are 18 years, surely one or two have resided for at least 3- 5 years. applications for naturalisation could be made using the special forms (naturalisation for minors) you should not be expected to wait very long for an answer, worth a try

aakhtar
Newly Registered

Post by aakhtar » Sun May 16, 2010 3:09 pm

thanks a million guys for the response my family has been here from last 7 years my younger daughter and son are 16 and 10 and my older sons are 21 and 23 what i wondering is can i apply for my older sons as well as they were minors when they came to Ireland

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Sun May 16, 2010 6:02 pm

aakhtar wrote:thanks a million guys for the response my family has been here from last 7 years my younger daughter and son are 16 and 10 and my older sons are 21 and 23 what i wondering is can i apply for my older sons as well as they were minors when they came to Ireland
You will be able to apply on behalf of the 10 and 16 years as minors via this route http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Form_9. It would appear that Form 9 applications are currently taking between 9-12 months to process at the moment, so I'll advice you act fast for the sake of your 16 year old.

For the older boys, they will have to apply independently on their own using form 8 as they are now adults.

Good luck
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us