ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Points for English language

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kvnaren
Newly Registered

Points for English language

Post by kvnaren » Sun May 16, 2010 4:15 pm

Hello Colleagues

I have done my MBA in UK in 2004. Do I still need to get a letter that my medium of instruction was in english. I heard the letter is not required if the studies were in the past 5 years. But It is already more than 5 years. I think I do not get the points for english language if this is the case.

Can anybody kindly clarify me what needs to be done?

Regards
Naren

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Points for English language

Post by mvent00 » Sun May 16, 2010 6:07 pm

You can use points based calculator to see if it awards you points for English language or not!!
kvnaren wrote:Hello Colleagues

I have done my MBA in UK in 2004. Do I still need to get a letter that my medium of instruction was in english. I heard the letter is not required if the studies were in the past 5 years. But It is already more than 5 years. I think I do not get the points for english language if this is the case.

Can anybody kindly clarify me what needs to be done?

Regards
Naren

kvnaren
Newly Registered

Post by kvnaren » Mon May 17, 2010 11:30 am

Hello Mvent00

In PBS calculator, my college is not in the list. I have already applied for NARIC evaluation and awaiting reply from them.

If NARIC considers it as equivalent degree, then can I also show the same evaluation report from NARIC for points for english also??

Regards
kvnren

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Mon May 17, 2010 11:52 am

Yes, providing that:
191. An applicant may provide evidence that he/she holds a degree which is equivalent to United Kingdom Bachelors level and which was taught or researched in English to a particular level as evidence of his/her English language ability.
192. The degree must:
• be recognised by National Academic Recognition Information Centre for the United Kingdom (UK NARIC) as equivalent to a United Kingdom Bachelor’s degree; and
• have been taught in English to a standard comparable to that of level C1 on the Council of Europe’s Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment (CEFR). Details can be found on the Council of Europe website at http://www.coe.int/t/dg4/linguistic/CADRE_EN.asp .

kvnaren wrote:Hello Mvent00

In PBS calculator, my college is not in the list. I have already applied for NARIC evaluation and awaiting reply from them.

If NARIC considers it as equivalent degree, then can I also show the same evaluation report from NARIC for points for english also??

Regards
kvnren

saisundeep

Post by saisundeep » Mon May 17, 2010 12:47 pm

kvnaren wrote:Hello Mvent00

Regards
kvnren
yes if NARIC approves it then there shouldn't be any problem, even i did the same. its better to have additional docs just in case.

kvnaren
Newly Registered

Post by kvnaren » Wed May 19, 2010 3:49 pm

Do you mean the letter from the college saying that the medium of instruction is english??

Regards
Naren