ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP-Facts learned by HO;leading to policy renewals for Tier

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:03 pm

sharat,
WHAT EXACTLY IS YOUR POINT??

because I just dont get it........... sometimes statistics dont tell the whole true story.

People emigrate for different reasons whether for the wrong ones... thats not for you to say.
At least the people on this forum are doing it legally and not illegally.
Besides it seems you are in the UK...please go back home and stop giving us annoying statistics and comments.

Its my damn business and non of yours if im obsessed with emigration, and if i end up cleaning shit from gutters ...i dont see how it affects you.

:roll: :roll: :x

sorry mods.. i couldnt help but vent!!!!! :wink:
My bow has been renewed

sharat

Post by sharat » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:07 pm

Yodiyokun,

No Points to make
I'm not discussing any right or wrong thing here::but atleast for my countrymen, WHO are EDUCATED, HIGHLY SKILLED and REMAINING THOSE, WHO RECOGNISE THE VALUE of education they hold and NOT YET SACRIFISED.

I Hope you understand what I mean.

yodiyokun wrote:sharat,
WHAT EXACTLY IS YOUR POINT??

because I just dont get it........... sometimes statistics dont tell the whole true story.

People emigrate for different reasons whether for the wrong ones... thats not for you to say.
At least the people on this forum are doing it legally and not illegally.
Besides it seems you are in the UK...please go back home and stop giving us annoying statistics and comments.

Its my damn business and non of yours if im obsessed with emigration, and if i end up cleaning sh** from gutters ...i dont see how it affects you.

:roll: :roll: :x

sorry mods.. i couldnt help but vent!!!!! :wink:

sharat

Post by sharat » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:50 am

First rejections made in 04/05:: percentage in ascending order based on country

INDIA - 59%
OTHERS - 21%
CHINA - 10%
USA - 6%
S.AFR - 6%

59% rejected::ANYONE KNOWS WHY ??

sharat

Post by sharat » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:16 pm

Percentage of second rejections made in 04/05:: excludes reviews currently pending

INDIA - 75%
OTHERS - 15%
CHINA - 7%
S.AFR - 2%
USA- 1%

basis

Post by basis » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:12 am

sharat wrote:
No Points to make
I'm not discussing any right or wrong thing here::but atleast for my countrymen, WHO are EDUCATED, HIGHLY SKILLED and REMAINING THOSE, WHO RECOGNISE THE VALUE of education they hold and NOT YET SACRIFISED.

I Hope you understand what I mean.
What exactly is the point ???

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:46 am

sharat wrote:First rejections made in 04/05:: percentage in ascending order based on country

INDIA - 59%
OTHERS - 21%
CHINA - 10%
USA - 6%
S.AFR - 6%

59% rejected::ANYONE KNOWS WHY ??
They are your statistics but surely you are misinterpreting them! 59% of applications from Indians are not rejected! Of all the rejections that happen, 59% of them are for Indians ... an entirely different point.

"ANYONE KNOWS WHY ??" Of course ... and if you think about it for half a second it is obviously ... the proportion of HSMP applications coming from that country. That is, the more applications from a particular country ... the more rejections.
John

sharat

Post by sharat » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:46 am

Take a twist mate::I don't think you quite understood what I meant.
If there were no rejections and stood at point 0% second time, would you still expect to see 6 out of 10 indians :: now its your call and forgive me if I'm being paranoid !!
John wrote: "ANYONE KNOWS WHY ??" Of course ... and if you think about it for half a second it is obviously ... the proportion of HSMP applications coming from that country. That is, the more applications from a particular country ... the more rejections.

lynn132

Post by lynn132 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:48 pm

For some interesting statistics on HSMP, peruse this document, which was released today along with the Command Paper:

A POINTS-BASED SYSTEM:
MAKING MIGRATION WORK FOR BRITAIN
PARTIAL REGULATORY IMPACT ASSESSMENT
7 MARCH 2006

Some of the statistics bandied around willy nilly on this discussion appear to have been lifted from a previous version of this document, for example, the 56% rejection rate for HSMP applicants. I suggest everyone simply read for themselves the statistics and determine what they mean for themselves.

sharat

Post by sharat » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:01 pm

Anyone would like to have a follow up on this thread... I have more interesting facts about HSMP which now Tier 1- these are not yet in the public domain.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:12 pm

They weren't interesting in the first place to me if I can't look at the source.

If you cannot give the link or source please spare us.

sharat

Post by sharat » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:50 pm

Intntion is to help people based on a large set of compiled data (for reporting) that is available, which is mostly unlikely to be in the public domain as a whole.
Few of the numbers would end up as answers in hansard.
If you had followed the postings made by me 3 years ago please see for yourself how much has come true. Trust me, this is not from imagination.
Go through the same and let me know - I do not want to waste anyones time !

aka189

Post by aka189 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:29 pm

Can you post some more information please?

sharat

Post by sharat » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:28 am

Rather than copy-pasting from pdf file and loading everything at one go leads to formating problems - I would start one by one.

1. ILR Status

Out of the approved HSMP holders who subsequently arrived till August-2003, only 9% has qualified and received an ILR status based on 5 years of continious working and living in the UK. The report is compiled based on data available from Home Office(HO) records as of August 2008. This means the remaining 91% is waiting to qualify for their ILR residency status. Percentage of people not wishing to apply for ILR is unavailable. There is a foot-note saying HO considers such numbers negligible in assesing, studying and predicting immigration patterns and trends for the current Tier(point) system introduced recently. It is important to note that this data does not account the percentage of people who has left UK between 2005 & 2008.
aka189 wrote:Can you post some more information please?

sharat

Post by sharat » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:23 pm

ILR Status contd.....

Approved

Nationality - percentage
USA 55
Australia 33
Others 8
India 4

Rejected :

Nationality - percentage
India 63
Pakistan 23
Others 14

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:07 pm

Please post the link to the PDF or give the title of the document and who published it.

sharat

Post by sharat » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:11 am

Paperpusher,

The document is not in the public domain. It is obviously bound by access control mechanisms within HO, so only extracts can be presented here for discussion. Stakeholders of the report are HO ministry and the CO Whitehall.

Initial study was commissioned about 3 years ago. When the draft report was out I posted extracts and few reactive type tactical measures suggested from the report. I was emotionally stricken when I saw my fellow countrymen who come here with Masters and PhDs leaving their healthy well paying jobs in the home country. The worst part is, they go for meagre cash-in hand jobs as per the linked HMRC tax records statistics. I am myself a immigrant in this country and I want everyone to benefit in their bestowed ways, not by subjecting themselves to false/fake promises.
I had stiff resistance from one of the admin who claimed himself as a tax consultant that I was wrong and making up stories. I clearly hinted then that HSMP is going to change, no one believed. We now have a tier system as a result of report with more changes pending post 2008 annexe and consultation study done last year. My intention is to help people contemplating not induce panic!. Also I prefer to remain anonymous and within Data protection acts rule, due to the sensitivity of the matter.

PaperPusher wrote:Please post the link to the PDF or give the title of the document and who published it.

saayinla

Post by saayinla » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:41 am

Thanks for the insight, most of us are in the dark .. stilll are. Would you be kind enough to give specific proposals which might/most likely have negatice impact on us hsmp/tierners.

karupalli

i dont understand

Post by karupalli » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:09 pm

I dont understand what we need to know from sharat posts...what is the point he is trying to make? anybody understands? Ofcourse HSMP rules are going to be changed for every 3 -6 months.. that we are all prepared now...Any new thing?

vks

Post by vks » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:07 pm

This is a good topic to create awareness to fellow friends..But should be supplemented with data origin.

Quite interesting information though!
Regards,
vks