ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

discretionary leave

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

VT

discretionary leave

Post by VT » Mon May 17, 2010 12:16 pm

my partner and i have recently got a new solicitor and have produced witness statements and given her some evidence as proof that our relationship is genuine etc. we have to sign them on monday and she said that once she has sorted out the representation she's going to forward it to the home office, some time next week.
My partner first submitted his application in August 08, so what our solicitor is forwarding to the HO is just additional info..
How long do you think it will take for the HO to reply or even get to my partners application?
(The application is for discretionary leave based on Article 8 )

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Mon May 17, 2010 12:49 pm

only waited 2 years!

I think you will have to wait another 2 years

kennieg
Newly Registered

Post by kennieg » Mon May 17, 2010 6:14 pm

I made thesame article 8 application based on marriage to a BC in September 2004... In October 2006, 2 immigration officers paid us a home visit just to interview me and my husband to confirm our marriage was genuine and subsisting ...DECEMBER 2006...I was granted 3yrs discretionary leave!

As u hv already waited 2yrs, hopefully u shouldnt have to wait for too long before u get a response.

N.B - In July 2006, my MP wrote the HO to expediate my case as I had been waiting for so long and in September 2006, I wrote a letter of complaint to the HO as per the length of time it was taking to get a response on my application.

GOOD LUCK and hopefully u'll receive a positive response soon.!