ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Extension Application Criteria

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Doug1903
Newly Registered

HSMP Extension Application Criteria

Post by Doug1903 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:39 pm

Someone I know has just applied for an extension to his HSMP visa. He applied originally on the basis that he was an IT director and was granted his permit.

However, he has struggled to find work in the UK and is currently working in a factory testing computers for one of the big computer manufacturers for a fairly low wage. I notice that the guidance on applying for an extension only states that you have to be economically active. Is this correct or is there further consideration of the level of job you have obtained in comparison to the skillset on which your were initially awarded a VISA?

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:07 pm

please check the posts dedicated to extension.. you should find the infor you require there
My bow has been renewed

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:37 pm

Look into the "Stycky question Extension Approval - Can we post here please!!"

You will find a lot of cases regarding HSMP extension.
Indeed there is a good chance that S/HE will get extension as long as they could prove that S/HE economically active.

I believe it also depends on the financial situation. Someone may earn less but he also spend less. Thus, S/He could maintain himself without recoursing of public funding.

Learning fom previous cases I believe that the worst case for someone who do not work in the Hihgly skillled Job is that they will get 1 years extension instead of 3 years.

Pantaiema