ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage gone wrong

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sirpsychosexy
Newly Registered

Marriage gone wrong

Post by sirpsychosexy » Mon May 17, 2010 1:57 pm

I posted a few months back to say that my marriage to my American wife went wrong and that i had informed UKBA of this. Well they did contact me via post. I had some forms to sign to say that we are no longer living together as husband and wife. My wife was sent paperwork from them to say VISA has been cancelled, but i never got to see any of the paperwork. So i don't know what she does next, can she appeal? Does she have to leave the country asap, or is she given time to sort her stuff out here? What i am asking(to put my mind at ease) is has anyone else had to contact UKBA and what paperwork was sent to your other half? Thanks Chris.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon May 17, 2010 2:17 pm

Theoretically she should leave ASAP but the reality is as the status of the marriage is largely subjective the UKBA won't risk it and just let the visa expire.

Then she'll definitely have to leave.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....