ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependant Visa..

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Amiya

Tier 1 Dependant Visa..

Post by Amiya » Mon May 17, 2010 2:37 pm

Hello friends..

I got my Tier 1 visa last month and about to move to UK next month. I had not processed dependant visa for my spouse and kid along with me. Now I want to apply for them before I travel.

I am yet to get any offer. Do I need to have a resident proof (either hotel booking, authorisation from my friend) to apply for the dependant visa. Or is it better to apply after going there, getting the job and a resident.

I ofcourse didn't see any instruction/rules stating to have the resident details while applying for dependant visa but have seens in the forum people provide them.

Please advise..

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Mon May 17, 2010 4:03 pm

please find the following information:

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... ralmigrant

@: What supporting documents should my dependants include with their application?

Your dependants should include all the documents necessary to show that they qualify for entry to the UK as your dependant. If they do not, we may refuse their application.

As a guide, your dependants should include:

* evidence of their relationship to you;
* evidence that there is £1600 (or £533 if you have been in the UK for more than 12 months) for each dependant, in your or their personal bank account for maintenance, and that the money has been there for at least 3 months prior to the date they make their application; and
* a copy of the pages from your passport/travel document showing your permission to stay, if you are already in the UK.

You do not need to have any residential address though a letter from your friend can be helpful.

Good Luck

Ali

milindsm

Post by milindsm » Tue May 18, 2010 3:56 am

Don't forget to mention this in your covering letter that since you still outside the UK, you are not attaching accommodation proof...

Amiya

Post by Amiya » Tue May 18, 2010 8:10 am

Thank you very much..