ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

garda clearance

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

scow
Newly Registered

garda clearance

Post by scow » Thu May 13, 2010 6:23 pm

hi guys, thanks for all ur help, could u please tell me how and where can i get the police clearance for naturalization purpose, i called the garda vetting uint in tipperary ,they said I need to call the citizenship division ???/
is there a certain from for that,any fees,how will it take?
thank u

Aceform
Member of Standing

Re: garda clearance

Post by Aceform » Fri May 14, 2010 12:14 pm

scow wrote:hi guys, thanks for all ur help, could u please tell me how and where can i get the police clearance for naturalization purpose, i called the garda vetting uint in tipperary ,they said I need to call the citizenship division ???/
is there a certain from for that,any fees,how will it take?
thank u
Don't think you can get one. INIS will get it directly from Garda.

scow
Newly Registered

thanks

Post by scow » Fri May 14, 2010 4:07 pm

thanks alot,i just fed up of people passing me between them,no one gives clear answer, garda sent me to the vetting office,they ask me to go to naturalization office,there was only answering machine,
thank you very much

IQU
Diamond Member

good luck

Post by IQU » Mon May 17, 2010 9:46 pm

you dont have to apply for garda clearance certificate doj (citizenship division) dept contact them .but if you still want to get garda clearance you can go to your local station asked for garda vetting form .fill the form post to garda vetting unit in tipperary .ususally iit will take 2-3 months .good luck

IQU
Diamond Member

good luck

Post by IQU » Mon May 17, 2010 9:47 pm

you dont have to apply for garda clearance certificate doj (citizenship division) dept contact them .but if you still want to get garda clearance you can go to your local station asked for garda vetting form .fill the form post to garda vetting unit in tipperary .ususally iit will take 2-3 months .good luck

9jeirean

Re: good luck

Post by 9jeirean » Mon May 17, 2010 10:00 pm

IQU wrote:you dont have to apply for garda clearance certificate doj (citizenship division) dept contact them .but if you still want to get garda clearance you can go to your local station asked for garda vetting form .fill the form post to garda vetting unit in tipperary .ususally iit will take 2-3 months .good luck
If you get this clearance via this route will INIS accept it for the purpose of naturalization?
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

scow
Newly Registered

appreciation

Post by scow » Mon May 17, 2010 11:04 pm

thanks million

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Mon May 17, 2010 11:13 pm

For what it's worth, I submitted police clearance cert's with the citizenship application including one from the Gardai. It was issued from Phoenix Park Garda HQ (obtained via local Gardai office) not the Tipperary office. The citizenship section said they would not accept these certificates as they had to apply for it themselves. Stupid but true :(