ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child born outside ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jhbmike

child born outside ireland

Post by jhbmike » Tue May 18, 2010 9:57 am

I have a situation which is somewhat confusing to me, so calling on you guys for some advice.

We are moving to Spain next month( being transferred with job). Wife is pregnant so baby will be born in Spain.
Because I am a naturalised Irish citizen not born in Ireland what nationality can I claim for the baby. Babys Grandmother is Irish but not born in Ireland, but obviously was Irish when the baby was born. Does the baby claim through the foreign birth register or is the baby automatically entitled to Irish citizenship.

Any Ideas????

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue May 18, 2010 12:04 pm

CitizensInformation.ie wrote:If you were born outside Ireland to an Irish citizen who was himself or herself born in Ireland, then you are an Irish citizen.

If your parent derived Irish citizenship in another manner, for example, through marriage, adoption or naturalisation, further information can be obtained from your nearest Irish embassy or consulate.
Irish embassy in Spain wrote:A person born abroad to a parent who, although not born in Ireland, was otherwise an Irish citizen at the time of the person’s birth, can become an Irish citizen by applying for Foreign Births Registration, either to the Irish Diplomatic or Consular Mission nearest to where the applicant normally resides or, if resident in Ireland, to:

Consular Section
Department of Foreign Affairs
St. Stephen’s Green
Dublin 2
Telephone: (01) 408 2555
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

IQU
Diamond Member

yaa

Post by IQU » Tue May 18, 2010 8:16 pm

ya you can contact the dept of foriegn affair also contact the irish embassy in spain .good luck ....