ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is IELTS must with new Tier-1 PBS?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Isbdian
Newly Registered

Is IELTS must with new Tier-1 PBS?

Post by Isbdian » Tue May 18, 2010 10:16 am

Hi,

I was going through the Guidance Notes for New Tier-1 General (PBS - post April 2010 policy). At one place, it states that IELTS is a must requirement now.

On another place it states that if the applicant can prove that his relevant degree has been taught in English language he can be exempted of IELTS exam. It was also stated that degree equivalence should be obtained from NARIC.

I am sort of confused as my Pakistani Master in CS degree has been approved as " Comparable to British bachelors degree standard " by NARIC already. My education for this degree was taught in English language.

Do I still need IELTS score card or what?

Regards,

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Is IELTS must with new Tier-1 PBS?

Post by aliq09 » Tue May 18, 2010 11:26 am

Isbdian wrote:Hi,

I was going through the Guidance Notes for New Tier-1 General (PBS - post April 2010 policy). At one place, it states that IELTS is a must requirement now.

On another place it states that if the applicant can prove that his relevant degree has been taught in English language he can be exempted of IELTS exam. It was also stated that degree equivalence should be obtained from NARIC.

I am sort of confused as my Pakistani Master in CS degree has been approved as " Comparable to British bachelors degree standard " by NARIC already. My education for this degree was taught in English language.

Regards,

Hi ,

You have to give IELTS with 6.0 or more score . Once you go in calculator , language requirement put your degree .. if it says ZERO than you have to give it .

My friend i am a telecom Engineer , i have done my Engineering from UET lahore and way back in time .. calculator showed me zero and i gave IELTS .. got 7.0 band in each :) get yourself a date NOW!!!!!!!
Thanks

Ali

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Tue May 18, 2010 11:46 am

You need to score 6.5 overall score.
Good luck

mno2uk

Re: Is IELTS must with new Tier-1 PBS?

Post by mno2uk » Tue May 18, 2010 12:49 pm

Isbdian wrote:Hi,

Regards,
It is best to sit for IELTS and make your case strong in one way. So sit for one and its not as tough as people make it seem.

Good luck. Allah Haafiz.