ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GOOD CHARACTOR -Employment Details

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ryze
Newly Registered

GOOD CHARACTOR -Employment Details

Post by ryze » Mon May 17, 2010 11:17 pm

Hi Gurus & Senior Moderators,
I have a big question coming in my mind,i have already submitted my applicatin for the Naturelisation month ago in the space At employment section i mentioned my Volunteer Work and both departments in the local council i am working gave the both departmental addresses,In the same column,i do this work as a Volunteer but its a real privelage for me to mention this Job since it is for my Local council, the only reason i was mentioning at that column and it is obviouse theres no tax reference or any details for taxation.but at the same time i also work 19Hours a week national wage job to a local employer in my area,some weeks i get 19hrs some weeks not more than 10hours in the ware house but the part is i get paid national wages for this job,
Again i dont pay tax Since it is a 19hour work or less for the week,

I and my family are though still entitled for Working tax credit since i get paid for the job i understand there will be a review every year where i always submit the P60 form,
My question is i havent mentioned anywhere about my paid job since i simply wanted to show as a good charactor as i am volunteering myself for the local council as a Admin Asst,i also wanted to continue this job i know i am getting lots of experience and creditibilty in my CV for this work i am doing,Is it ok for leaving to mention my paid work or should i not delay just phone home office that i need to add this info to my application,i am sure they can check with the Inland revenue about my part time work because of my p60 i am submitted last year and i am about to send the current year,I sometimes think i should have mention about this in additional information sheet,is it too late? to call them up and let them know about this or shall leave the job immedtialy since i have not mention in the application form since i am happy to even do more volunteer hours for my own experince and future prospects.

Please reply soon

Kind Regards

Ryze

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue May 18, 2010 7:43 am

I am going to say three things :-
  • I express great surprise that you entered details of your voluntary job, and didn't enter details of your paid job.
  • However you have no doubt entered your NI number on the form, and in signing the declaration on the form you authorised UKBA to contact HMRC for information. So UKBA can see that you are in paid employment.
  • That being the case, drop any idea of sending in further information. Totally unnecessary.
John

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Post by raymasa2 » Tue May 18, 2010 9:25 am

Wont UKBA have a problem with the fact that the OP hadnt declared his/her job on the application? When you sign the form, doesnt it state that you have given all required information, which in this case the OP hasnt?

Ray

ryze
Newly Registered

Post by ryze » Tue May 18, 2010 12:26 pm

Hi John,

I am so happy you directly comment on my question since i know your more experince and i thank you very much for your advice,is that not Ray saying what i should take to cosideration?
Technically your of course correct since they have my NI number all the details are known to them,but the volunteering which they would not come to know without mentioning is it correct.

Many Regards,

Ryze

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Post by raymasa2 » Wed May 19, 2010 10:20 am

ryze wrote:Ray saying what i should take to cosideration?
My question was a query. So no need to panic, as I dont know the answer. I would go with what John said. Just wondered about the wording on the application declaration.

Ray

joh
Newly Registered

should i inform

Post by joh » Wed May 19, 2010 8:50 pm

in my case, i was on job when applied however,i was on notice period but i did not inform in my application that i am going to leave the job. however, i have left the job now should i inform the home office?
thanks