ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How is the Market for Six Sigma/PMP Certified Professionals?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:23 am

Please help me interpret this no. (1-2 jobs per day)
Absolutely irrelevant as there are not many market statisticians out here to analyze to such an extent. It could either mean no jobs at all or for your area, that's a superb number. Also, 1-2 jobs per website? Or across all websites with repeats of similar requirements?
Your ongoing questioning of the same thing over and over again shows some immaturity from your side actually. There is no more info to give you here.

We have given as much as possible, now it's your call on what you do because only you know what you want to do, what you can do and where you stand in comparison with the job adverts and the market competition. You cant know everything there is to know by sitting back home - that's where the question of actually coming out here comes into picture. You only know the real picture, and that too for your line, when you are in the UK, on real grounds, applying for jobs and attending interviews.

KP

Idea

Post by Idea » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:38 pm

I have been following a particular role which is existing for more than last 6 months. (in a different field) clear that still the role has not been filled.

it would always come up in the search - i dont think it as anything to help judge the market...

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:56 pm

Idea wrote:I have been following a particular role which is existing for more than last 6 months. (in a different field) clear that still the role has not been filled.

it would always come up in the search - i dont think it as anything to help judge the market...
These jobs don't exist, they are to harvest CV's - agents get paid per CV in - to a lesser extent of course but it's income for them.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Markie

Post by Markie » Sat May 08, 2010 4:07 pm

Agree with Kenfrapin. the best judgement will come from yourself as soon as you're in the UK. remotely checking job leads is not the best approach for job hunting. You need to feel what's happening here in the UK especially now that a lot of people are competing for the same job position (I guess).
npanglia wrote:
ilrseeker wrote:May this make things more clear....

Job adv in jobserve
I am tracking these websites and I see 1-2 jobs listed on Six Sigma each day. Please help me interpret this no. (1-2 jobs per day).
Is it good, bad, neutral, can't say?

npanglia

Travelling in July

Post by npanglia » Tue May 18, 2010 4:14 pm

Markie wrote:Agree with Kenfrapin. the best judgement will come from yourself as soon as you're in the UK. remotely checking job leads is not the best approach for job hunting. You need to feel what's happening here in the UK especially now that a lot of people are competing for the same job position (I guess).
Well taking the view of forum, I am planning to come to UK in the month of July (last week).

However any suggestion on whether PMP certification is good enough to hunting jobs in project management space or do you believe PRINCE 2 has to be undertaken to mark the credibility in the market?