ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport enquiry after the ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nao

Passport enquiry after the ceremony

Post by nao » Tue May 18, 2010 5:10 pm

I will have the ceremony tomorrow and will apply for passport possibly tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

Looking at the application form we need to send supporting docs which will be Uk National ID card(BTW I dont have it) or Passport I entered UK with and your HO certificate of registration or naturalisation. NOTE: do not confuse your certificate of registration or naturalisation with any ceremonial certificate you may have been given at the same time.
anyway please answer my question :
I have renewd my passport twice since first I entered the UK.
The first one is my spouse visa on then the second one is my ILR on, now I have the current passport.
Should I enclose all passports with the application?
also Section 3, How should I do? only the current passport number to be on? (I am not sure the definition of ''UNCANCELLED'' on the form)
What is HO certificate of naturalisation? is that a sort of paper I will be given on the ceremony day?

Please advise I will be a British tomorrow.

Thanks

N

bani

Re: Passport enquiry after the ceremony

Post by bani » Tue May 18, 2010 6:28 pm

first question - just submit the current passport plus recent passport with ILR.

uncancelled means still valid so enter the passport number of the current passport number

second question - yes, it is the certificate you will receive at your ceremony. it says "certificate of naturalisation" on top.

enjoy your ceremony and congratulations!

mrlookforward
BANNED

Re: Passport enquiry after the ceremony

Post by mrlookforward » Tue May 18, 2010 8:47 pm

bani wrote:first question - just submit the current passport plus recent passport with ILR.

uncancelled means still valid so enter the passport number of the current passport number

second question - yes, it is the certificate you will receive at your ceremony. it says "certificate of naturalisation" on top.

enjoy your ceremony and congratulations!
Uncancelled=Something which has not been cancelled :P

nao

Post by nao » Tue May 18, 2010 10:35 pm

Thanks Bani
but I dont need the first passport which is spouse visa on ?
technically this is the passport I used to enter the Uk first.

I also once lost my passport about 8years ago (the first one(spouse visa on) said the passport replaces the one lost in the endorsement page.
should I state the lost passport info? (there is a section to fill in the lost or stolen passport. if so I need to fill in the date of lost which I don't remember
or I don't have to fill the section?
thanks

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Tue May 18, 2010 11:48 pm

I think bani has already replied to your query fully and accurately. If you want to keep researching further and keep having doubts, then it would be better to contact an advisor and seek help.