ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT to PSW Dependant

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nilan
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT to PSW Dependant

Post by nilan » Mon May 17, 2010 7:23 am

Hi,

I am currently in Tier 2 ICT visa and my Wife is in Tier 4 visa. She will be applying for PSW. Can I switch to PSW dependant from Tier 2? Can I do it while in UK or I will have to go back to my home country?

Thanks!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 17, 2010 12:25 pm

Home country.

regards

nilan
Newly Registered

Post by nilan » Tue May 18, 2010 6:08 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I would also like to know that will I be able to apply for PSW dependant from Home Country before my Tier 2 ICT expires?

e.g. my ICT Tier 2 expiry date is 30th November, can I apply for PSW dependant before 30th November from Home Country?

Thanks!

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Tue May 18, 2010 6:26 am

nilan wrote: can I apply for PSW dependant before 30th November from Home Country?
sure..

nilan
Newly Registered

Post by nilan » Tue May 18, 2010 10:25 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually I read the 319C section in the UKBA website for applying as a Tier 1 dependant. The rule says if I want to be PSW dependant then I need to be already be in UK as a dependant. So I am little confused if I go back to home country and apply for PSW dependant along with my wife's PSW before my Tier 2 ICT expires, will they approve my visa or not!

Can you please confirm me on this ?

Thanks!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 19, 2010 12:18 am

You can apply for EC as dependent of Tier 1 (PSW) from your home country anyday after your wife is granted Tier 1 (PSW) - either before or after 30-Nov-10 (which has no relevance, whatsoever, for the EC application).

regards

nilan
Newly Registered

Post by nilan » Wed May 19, 2010 11:59 pm

Thank you again!

Well as a last question, will it be a problem if I continue to work under same company in UK who has sent me from my home country in Tier 2 ICT , but this time as PSW dependant? Do I need to explicitly let HO know about it or during immigration while re-entering in UK I should just say that I will be in PSW dependant though I have valid Tier 2 ICT?

Thanks!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 20, 2010 12:41 am

Your employer has a reporting responsibility to inform UKBA when they stop sponsoring you. This will happen when you change from Tier 2 (ICT) to Tier 1 (PSW) - on Tier 1 (PSW) you don't need employer sponsorship!

So, you inform the employer and they inform UKBA. That's how it works.

regards