ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visitor 9 months refusal

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

edymarilyn
Newly Registered

Family visitor 9 months refusal

Post by edymarilyn » Fri May 14, 2010 12:33 am

Hello!
Actually I live in Venezuela. I am portuguese and my husband is Venezuelan. We have planned to study English in uk 9 months. My husband apply to a Family permit visitor but it was refusal. I will know the reason tomorrow. But I need advise. What is the best option reapply or appels.

Thanks in advance!
Edy

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri May 14, 2010 12:34 pm

It will all depend on what he is refused on. If he has asked for a 9 months visit visa, it will have been refused as the maximum is 6 months.

Let us know full reasons of refusal and your status in UK, then we will help you

edymarilyn
Newly Registered

Re: Family visitor 9 months refusal

Post by edymarilyn » Tue May 18, 2010 5:51 pm

edymarilyn wrote:Hello!
Actually I live in Venezuela. I am portuguese and my husband is Venezuelan. We have planned to study English in uk 9 months. My husband apply to a Family permit visitor but it was refusal. I will know the reason tomorrow. But I need advise. What is the best option reapply or appels.

Thanks in advance!
Edy

I have the reasons of refusal

The entry clearance Officers decision

You have applied for admission to the UK by virtue of European community law as the family permit member of a EEA who is exercising, or wishes to exercise, rights of free movement under the treaty of Rome in the UK

I have refused your EEA Family Permit application on this occasion because I am not satisfied that you meet all of the requirementes of regulation 12 of the immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006. This decision will not prejudice any future UK visa or EEA Family permit application that you make.

You have applied as an EEA national for a period of 36 weeks to study in the UK and I acknowledge that you have provided evidence of your acceptance at Manchester Central School. I also acknowledge that you have provided a copy of your marriage certificate and copy of your spouse portuguese passport. In view that the original marriage certificatre was not provided. Iam not Satisfied that you are married to an EEA national.

In addition I note that you have provided evidence that your sponsor is employed in Venezuela but there is not evidence provided today that she intends to reside in the UK or exercise her treaty rights. In addition I note that you declare that your sopuse travelling with you to the Uk but there is not evidence provided today to support that claim.

I am not satisffied that you have provided evidence today that your spouse is travelling with you to the UK and the most important, that she intends to reside in the UK and exercise her treaty rights.

What do you think about that? what is your recommendation to me? What can I do?

Edy[/list]

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue May 18, 2010 6:05 pm

You should have submitted your original marriage certificate, not a photocopy. This appears to be the only valid reason for this refusal.

There was no need to mention that you intend to study at Manchester Central School, or that you have been given a place there, or that your Portuguese wife is employed in Venezuela. Putting legs on a snake does not mean it will walk.

For an EEA FP to be issued, all that is required to be submitted, is evidence that you are a family member of a Union citizen who will be joining or accompanying her in the UK.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

edymarilyn
Newly Registered

Hi Ben!

Post by edymarilyn » Tue May 18, 2010 11:13 pm

Hi Ben! thats true but I dont know what can I do? because If I Re-apply and they insist in that i do not provide evidence about the travelling with my spouse What Can i do? I included the travel ticket and the officer did not see it.
Ben wrote:You should have submitted your original marriage certificate, not a photocopy. This appears to be the only valid reason for this refusal.

There was no need to mention that you intend to study at Manchester Central School, or that you have been given a place there, or that your Portuguese wife is employed in Venezuela. Putting legs on a snake does not mean it will walk.

For an EEA FP to be issued, all that is required to be submitted, is evidence that you are a family member of a Union citizen who will be joining or accompanying her in the UK.