ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self-Employed and PAYE

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mhkhan

Self-Employed and PAYE

Post by mhkhan » Wed May 19, 2010 12:32 am

Dear All,

Before I apply for my dependant's Tier 1 who are outside the UK, wanted a bit of advice.

In Jan 2010, I registered myself as a Self-Employed marketing consultant and after completing a single project I started teaching at two colleges. My status at both colleges stayed as self-employed. However just last month due to one of the college's policy I was put on the PAYE contract. As far as Inland Revenue is concerned, I am still self-employed. I will submit my tax assessment in few months.

I am not sure if I need to mention all this in my wife's Tier 1 application or should I say that I am currently employed as a Lecturer by the colleges.

Many thanks in advance,

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: Self-Employed and PAYE

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Wed May 19, 2010 1:51 pm

mhkhan wrote:Dear All,

Before I apply for my dependant's Tier 1 who are outside the UK, wanted a bit of advice.

In Jan 2010, I registered myself as a Self-Employed marketing consultant and after completing a single project I started teaching at two colleges. My status at both colleges stayed as self-employed. However just last month due to one of the college's policy I was put on the PAYE contract. As far as Inland Revenue is concerned, I am still self-employed. I will submit my tax assessment in few months.

I am not sure if I need to mention all this in my wife's Tier 1 application or should I say that I am currently employed as a Lecturer by the colleges.

Many thanks in advance,

not required , other than what spouse does - self employed