ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online Bank Statements - New question!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RCAM037
Newly Registered

Online Bank Statements - New question!

Post by RCAM037 » Wed May 19, 2010 11:56 am

Apologies if this I have missed this but i have been searching the boards for weeks and have found nothing.

I am concerned about the follwoig wording in the guidence:

For the purposes of this guidance an online bank account is one that operates solely over the internet and sends their bank statements to their customers electronically (for example over the internet or via email).

I have a Lloyds Gold account and I have been having untold amounts of trouble getting them to send out bank statements I am missing, so I have printed the missing ones and had them stamped by the bank (they have the bank logo and all other requirements).

HOWEVER my account does not operate soley over the internet and that will be obvious to the case worker as some of my bank statemetns are originals that have obviously been posted to me.

Is this accepted?? I asked for a letter as was told in no uncertain terms that Lloyds do not do this. I have now seen that other people have obtained this from lloyds, but it is too late for me to try to request this again as I am overseas for work untill Friday night of the 28th and my appt is FIRST thing on the Tuesday (monday is a bank holiday).

Can anyone confrim that these will be accpeted despite not being an online account? There are quite a few of them (about 15) over the one year I am providing and some are withing the maintenance requirement period.

Many, many thanks in advance for your experience and advice!

RCAM037

layman

Post by layman » Wed May 19, 2010 11:32 pm

hmm, tough one. You could have printed and stamped all statements(even the ones you have originals for) to maintain consistency. But if you really cannot do anything, no point in fretting over it. Hope for the best. Don't think that online account has much to do with your situation.

And I understand that this advice does not help in you any way.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 20, 2010 12:01 am

Can't your local bank branch print-off the missing statements on the bank's stationary?

regards

bex_m
Newly Registered

Re: Online Bank Statements - New question!

Post by bex_m » Thu May 20, 2010 8:19 am

RCAM037 wrote: I have a Lloyds Gold account and I have been having untold amounts of trouble getting them to send out bank statements I am missing, so I have printed the missing ones and had them stamped by the bank (they have the bank logo and all other requirements).

RCAM037
We had to enclose a couple of printed statements as well. Most of our statements were originals, posted to us by Lloyds. But our statements only come every quarter, so we have to get printed statements signed and stamped by Lloyds to take us up to our application date. These were accepted fine, as the bank has confirmed that the statements are true and correct by stamping them.

chikisdreams
Newly Registered

Re: Online Bank Statements - New question!

Post by chikisdreams » Thu May 20, 2010 4:15 pm

I recently applied and I had the same case. I got the missing months statements printed in the nearest branch office by the personal banking manager, had it stamped on each page of the document. For safety purpose, I got it signed as well (this is not required according to the guidelines document).

I have received the VISA and it was not a problem. Just make sure that your covering letter clearly states that these months statements were missing and hence got the statements generated at the branch office and stamped, signed on each page.
RCAM037 wrote:Apologies if this I have missed this but i have been searching the boards for weeks and have found nothing.

I am concerned about the follwoig wording in the guidence:

For the purposes of this guidance an online bank account is one that operates solely over the internet and sends their bank statements to their customers electronically (for example over the internet or via email).

I have a Lloyds Gold account and I have been having untold amounts of trouble getting them to send out bank statements I am missing, so I have printed the missing ones and had them stamped by the bank (they have the bank logo and all other requirements).

HOWEVER my account does not operate soley over the internet and that will be obvious to the case worker as some of my bank statemetns are originals that have obviously been posted to me.

Is this accepted?? I asked for a letter as was told in no uncertain terms that Lloyds do not do this. I have now seen that other people have obtained this from lloyds, but it is too late for me to try to request this again as I am overseas for work untill Friday night of the 28th and my appt is FIRST thing on the Tuesday (monday is a bank holiday).

Can anyone confrim that these will be accpeted despite not being an online account? There are quite a few of them (about 15) over the one year I am providing and some are withing the maintenance requirement period.

Many, many thanks in advance for your experience and advice!

RCAM037

RCAM037
Newly Registered

Post by RCAM037 » Thu May 20, 2010 4:44 pm

Thanks to all for sharing your experiences, it really does help to ease the mind. I really appreciate it.

In answer to your question sushdmehta, i dont think that is the issue, the prinouts from online are perfect copies in accordance with the guidelines for electronic statements.

My question is asking why in the guidance does it say that you can only provide such copies if your account is an online bank account is one that operates solely over the internet and sends their bank statements to their customers electronically ?

In any case I just wanted to get some comfort that these had definitley been provided and accepted for other people who,like me, do not have an "online account" as described in the guidance :?:

Also I was wondering if I had misunderstood the wording because in all these forums i have only seen one other person ask the question (and he did not get an answer) :?:

Thanks again all :D

RCAM037
Newly Registered

Post by RCAM037 » Thu May 20, 2010 4:45 pm

that first :?: is an error! :D