ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

strange situation for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

settler
Newly Registered

Post by settler » Wed May 19, 2010 2:15 pm

I did not understand what IIRC mean?

but then when the rules changed after 3rd april i was asked to submit new application with the same set of documents previously submitted except one additional document that home office wanted me to provide.
This application was in continuation with the initial application result.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 19, 2010 2:17 pm

IIRC = If I remember correctly! :)

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 19, 2010 2:20 pm

leafbbi wrote:I am in similar situation but I requested a review instead of making a new application. I thought the same ref number on the approval letter and the refusal letter can prove i submitted my initial application prior to 3rd April but it seems it cannot. My initial application was definiately made before 3rd April as the refual letter dated 6th Mar. The reveiw request must be submitted within 28 days from 6th Mar, which was just until 3rd April. I remeber I faxed the review request a few days before the deadline. I feel I should be considered under JR as my initial application was reviewed and approved although unsucessful initially. But no idea how UKBA would say or if they have the record in their system. I didn't keep the fax copy of review request so have no proof of the date when review request was submitted.
In your case, UKBA received only one application .... received before 03-Apr-06 .... so where's the problem?

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 19, 2010 2:22 pm

settler wrote:This application was in continuation with the initial application result.
The point is - If denied by UKBA, can you prove so and that it wasn't a fresh application? It will be your word against UKBA's!

regards

settler
Newly Registered

Post by settler » Wed May 19, 2010 2:52 pm

yes i can because i have a mail sent to UKBA stating that 'as per your refusal letter and advice to reapply again'--- so on

settler
Newly Registered

Post by settler » Wed May 19, 2010 2:53 pm

I can prove that the second application was in the continuation of the first application