ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VERY URGENT PLEASE

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

searching

VERY URGENT PLEASE

Post by searching » Tue May 11, 2010 6:58 pm

hi
this is not my question but some one i know..
my friend went to uk and before he went he re announced his Pakistani citizenship for some reason and now he has been arrested and may be facing deportation now.he is worried that Pakistani officials wont accept him or wont issue him with travel documents in this case where a guy is born in any country with all his family in that country and he gives up his citizen ship and move to a different country and now being arrested and possibly deported what will happen ......will the Pakistani government help him out or will just leave him to dry out..... or will he lost in the system and be detained for ever..

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 11, 2010 7:45 pm

AIUI, he can be deported to his country of citizenship and only when UKBA can arrange travel documents for him from the country of citizenship. If he is no longer a citizen of Pakistan, why do you think he will be deported there?

Is (was) the person a UK citizen and now deprived of his UK citizenship?

regards

searching

hi

Post by searching » Tue May 11, 2010 7:51 pm

he was never a british citizen he was an ilegal there
the reason i think he will be deported to pakistan is may be because his family is here and one time he was a pakistani citizen
in ur opinion what do u think will happen because his family is very worried and scared do u think the pakistani govt will help him or the uk govt will keep him detained n thanks for ur reply bak

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 11, 2010 8:12 pm

Did the person renounce his Pakistani citizenship in reality or does he claim to have done so because he has willingly destroyed / lost his Pakistani passport.

How did he renounce his Pakistani citizenship without being naturalised as a citizen of a foreign country?

regards

searching

hi

Post by searching » Tue May 11, 2010 8:16 pm

he has re announce his Pakistani nationality for real.
in Pakistan for some reason u can easily do that without being a citizen of any other country i dont know how that works but it is possible.
so he is a stateless guy at the moment but will the pakistani authorities let him in pakistan knowing that he is not a pakistani citizen no more or will he be detained for ever and really greatfull for ur replies bak

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 11, 2010 8:20 pm

searching wrote:he has re announce his Pakistani nationality for real.
in Pakistan for some reason u can easily do that without being a citizen of any other country i dont know how that works but it is possible.
I find this strange but will take your word for it!

AFAIK, he cannot be deported without travel documents. Can't comment on whether Pakistan embassy will issue travel documents or not.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Tue May 11, 2010 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

searching

hi

Post by searching » Tue May 11, 2010 8:20 pm

here is a bit of a story line..
my friend belongs to a very very rich family he never got allong with his dad so one day he left Pakistan saying he will never come bak and so he re announced his nationality and went to uk....
now he is been arrested and dont know what will happen his whole family is scared to death at the moment not knowing what will happen we do really hope that pakistani government will co operate with him in ur opinion what happens if they wanna deport a stateless person who has reannounced his citizenship

searching

hi

Post by searching » Tue May 11, 2010 8:22 pm

thanks sush
ur have been very helpful and thanks for taking ur time out for my stupid questions but ur answers were very help full if ur still here just one last thing will he be detained for ever or a long period

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 11, 2010 8:35 pm

Forever? Don't think UK government can afford that! But it could be a long detention if UKBA cannot arrange for his travel documents.

IMHO ....

regards

searching

hi

Post by searching » Wed May 19, 2010 3:24 pm

hi
thanks sush u have been very help full