ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment letter any good

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

plaistow

Employment letter any good

Post by plaistow » Tue May 18, 2010 11:26 pm

Hello everyone i need urgent and good advice as i am about to apply tier 1 hsmp.

My annual earnings are 25k a year and i asked my employer to give me letter of job confirmation and they wrote that im earnings 25k a year in a annual tax year and did not cover me from this month may to 12 months backwards, so thats only cover march 2009 to april 2010 in a tax year period.

I calculated my gross earnings but its only sum up to 22k as i took some time off while my baby was born and also waiting for the p60.

Now question is letter from the employer is more then enough if i don't attach my payslips ?

Secondly annual salary is 25k but when calculated myself its only 22k, employment letter would make any difference ?

Thanks

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Wed May 19, 2010 12:08 pm

Paragraph 245AA of the Immigration Rules states that we will only award points when an applicant provides the specified evidence that he/she meets the requirements for this category. The specified documents are as follows:

i) Payslips: These should be either formal payslips or on company headed paper. Where formal payslips are produced on plain paper they must be stamped and signed by the employer. Payslips which are not on headed paper or the applicant receives all pay slips online, he/she must authenticate the evidence by asking the employer to sign and stamp a printout. If the applicant provides payslips, they must cover the whole period claimed (for example, if payslips are produced monthly, the applicant must provide the payslip for each month of the period claimed).

ii) Personal bank statements showing the payments made to the applicant: Bank statements provided must be on official bank stationery, and must show each of the payments that the applicant is claiming. If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account he/ she should also provide a supporting letter from the bank on company headed paper confirming that the documents are authentic. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank issuing the statements will be accepted. This stamp must appear on every page of the statement. For the purposes of this guidance an online bank account is one that operates solely over the internet and sends their bank statements to their customers electronically

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Wed May 19, 2010 12:10 pm

Employees who receive a salary:
A salaried employee could provide a combination of:
• personal bank statements covering the full 12-month earnings period;
and either:
• payslips for the full 12-month earnings period;
or
• a letter from their employer.
• (We consider that payslips and letters from an employer are from the same source and an applicant should therefore not provide a combination of these two types of document.)

HOPE THIS HELPS

plaistow

Post by plaistow » Wed May 19, 2010 9:36 pm

indianinwold wrote:Employees who receive a salary:
A salaried employee could provide a combination of:
• personal bank statements covering the full 12-month earnings period;
and either:
• payslips for the full 12-month earnings period;
or
• a letter from their employer.
• (We consider that payslips and letters from an employer are from the same source and an applicant should therefore not provide a combination of these two types of document.)

HOPE THIS HELPS

Thanks for your post really appreciate it.

I lost all my payslips while i was moving my home, as mentioned we need to provide 2 source of evidence.

1. Is it ok if my employer state on a letter confirming i have earned particular money from june 2009 to may 2010.

2. Bankstatment only shows net money but not gross, so is that ok if it is covering 12 months ney pay.

Thanks in advance.

layman

Post by layman » Wed May 19, 2010 10:48 pm

Ask the employer to state the gross and net for each month of the duration. That would make it easy for case worker to tally with bank statement. No reason why employer sohuld not give it if you have been paid accordingly

plaistow

Post by plaistow » Thu May 20, 2010 4:16 pm

layman wrote:Ask the employer to state the gross and net for each month of the duration. That would make it easy for case worker to tally with bank statement. No reason why employer sohuld not give it if you have been paid accordingly
Hello Layman,

I asked my employer again today to print all 12 months gross on their letter of employment but they said they cannot do it because they have a fixed pattern to write a letter.

Secondly if their letter confirming my earnings are 23k for that period, and i do not have payslips - what should i do ? any solution please.

Help please.

chikisdreams
Newly Registered

Post by chikisdreams » Thu May 20, 2010 4:30 pm

Get a letter detailing the gross and net paid to you (and date on which the payment was made) in each month in a tabular format. Get it printed by your employer on their official letter head and get it stamped and signed by the HR or manager or authority responsible in the company.
This should be more than sufficient.
Note: Make sure that the net salary of each month and the date you are claiming should match exactly with the amount deposited in your bank on that date as reflected in the bank statement.
plaistow wrote:
layman wrote:Ask the employer to state the gross and net for each month of the duration. That would make it easy for case worker to tally with bank statement. No reason why employer sohuld not give it if you have been paid accordingly
Hello Layman,

I asked my employer again today to print all 12 months gross on their letter of employment but they said they cannot do it because they have a fixed pattern to write a letter.

Secondly if their letter confirming my earnings are 23k for that period, and i do not have payslips - what should i do ? any solution please.

Help please.

layman

Post by layman » Fri May 21, 2010 3:20 pm

plaistow wrote:I asked my employer again today to print all 12 months gross on their letter of employment but they said they cannot do it because they have a fixed pattern to write a letter.
In that case you write a detailed letter and the employer should be able to validate it and print on official stationery