ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT QUERY

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tarleen187
Newly Registered

URGENT QUERY

Post by tarleen187 » Wed May 19, 2010 7:06 pm

Greetings All Respected Team Members,

I have a query and I shall await any informative and realistic response.

I initially came to UK in September 2005 on a work permit and have been working here since then. I am going to complete my 5 years in this coming September.

Can anybody please advise me -- What and how many tests do I need to give to apply for my Indefinite Stay here in UK. From knowledge that I have collected from various sources is-----there are 2 type of tests----First test is Life in the UK and apparently the second test is ESOL.

Now since I came here on a work permit and not tier-1 or tier-2 visa, what tests apply in my case.

Can any senior board member advise me on the same.

Thanks in advance.

T.Kapoor

senthil78
Member of Standing

Re: URGENT QUERY

Post by senthil78 » Wed May 19, 2010 9:11 pm

tarleen187 wrote:Greetings All Respected Team Members,

I have a query and I shall await any informative and realistic response.

I initially came to UK in September 2005 on a work permit and have been working here since then. I am going to complete my 5 years in this coming September.

Can anybody please advise me -- What and how many tests do I need to give to apply for my Indefinite Stay here in UK. From knowledge that I have collected from various sources is-----there are 2 type of tests----First test is Life in the UK and apparently the second test is ESOL.

Now since I came here on a work permit and not tier-1 or tier-2 visa, what tests apply in my case.

Can any senior board member advise me on the same.

Thanks in advance.

T.Kapoor
If you can speak english, you need to take only life in the UK test.

Refer http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/settl ... nstrating/

tarleen187
Newly Registered

Post by tarleen187 » Thu May 20, 2010 7:36 am

Thanks for the updated. I really appreciate the same.

Is there a forum or can some senior member provide me sample questions or some type of information on questions that are asked in Life in UK test ??

Thanks in advance for awaited information.

Tarleen K.

shs213

Post by shs213 » Thu May 20, 2010 9:26 am

tarleen187 wrote:Thanks for the updated. I really appreciate the same.

Is there a forum or can some senior member provide me sample questions or some type of information on questions that are asked in Life in UK test ??

Tarleen K.
I am not a senior member :lol:

but try the link below...

http://www.hiren.info/life-in-the-uk-test/2

zeddie

Post by zeddie » Thu May 20, 2010 9:58 am

that is a good link. i personally used just that site and no other books to pass my test.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Thu May 20, 2010 2:35 pm

Tarleen K.
Check out the links other members have posted. I used a question and answer practice book. This book is straight to the point and if you go through it a few times you will pass the test in first go. I used this book and completed my test in 5 minutes and passed. There are other books which give you too much useless details.
Here is the book you need http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndSear ... 0113413287

Markie

Post by Markie » Thu May 20, 2010 6:32 pm

check this topic in the forum.

Tarleen K.

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Fri May 21, 2010 11:46 am

Thanks for the link.
I assume the questions that's the updated question bank?