ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which documents should be attested by solicitor in UK?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

corrado

Which documents should be attested by solicitor in UK?

Post by corrado » Thu May 20, 2010 6:54 pm

Hello to everyone here, I have been following these forums for a few months now, as I got married and am now ready to get my application/sponsor for my wife submitted.

There have been some very useful posts especially batleykhan's post listing all the documents required, however I can't seem to find an answer to this question:

I'm well aware that I need to submit an attested copy of every page of my UK passport, as the sponsor, to prove that the copy is a true and accurate reflection of the original but do I need to get anything else signed, attested or certified by my solicitor here in the UK?

For example - my sponsorship letter or copy of my NADRA/NICOP card.

Also as I am going to be living with my wife in my parent's house insha'Allah does the letter from my parents need to be signed/witnessed or anything by a solicitor?

In summary what I'm asking is do I need to take any other documents/letters to the solicitors for signing/attesting/certifying/witnessing apart from my passport which I am well aware I need an attested copy of.

Sorry for such a long first post, and thanks for any help/suggestions in advance.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu May 20, 2010 8:40 pm

Apart from your passport there is no need to get anything else certified even though the solicitor will probally tell you othrewise.

All the other documents will need to be originals therefore do not need certifying.

Read my article again thorughly and it will answer your questions :wink:

corrado

Post by corrado » Thu May 20, 2010 11:14 pm

Many thanks for your prompt reply Mr batleykhan :D

yoda121

Post by yoda121 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:06 am

Does anyone know if they will accept a certified passport copies done by a solicitor in Pakistan?