ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stupid mistakes on ILR application form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sunskykelilo
Newly Registered

Stupid mistakes on ILR application form

Post by Sunskykelilo » Thu May 20, 2010 10:27 pm

Please can someone offer helpful advice to me on the behalf of a friend of mine.

She has had a look at her own photocopy of an application for ILR as a dependent relative (SET F) that she submitted last month and realised she has made 2 minor but really silly mistakes.

Firstly, she did not specify the amount she was paying (in the part where it says please tick the amount you are paying she didn't tick anything!)

The second mistake is that on the sponsorship declaration part of the ILR form she put down her nationality as British instead of South African (she says she got confused since her father who is her sponsor is British she thought they were asking for his nationality)

Yes I know these are very stupid mistakes but is there anything she can do at this point? Should she write into or call the home office with the corrections?? What are the chances of rejection based on these mistakes??

Would appreciate any help. Thank you.

senthil78
Member of Standing

Re: Stupid mistakes on ILR application form

Post by senthil78 » Thu May 20, 2010 10:45 pm

Sunskykelilo wrote:Please can someone offer helpful advice to me on the behalf of a friend of mine.

She has had a look at her own photocopy of an application for ILR as a dependent relative (SET F) that she submitted last month and realised she has made 2 minor but really silly mistakes.

Firstly, she did not specify the amount she was paying (in the part where it says please tick the amount you are paying she didn't tick anything!)

The second mistake is that on the sponsorship declaration part of the ILR form she put down her nationality as British instead of South African (she says she got confused since her father who is her sponsor is British she thought they were asking for his nationality)

Yes I know these are very stupid mistakes but is there anything she can do at this point? Should she write into or call the home office with the corrections?? What are the chances of rejection based on these mistakes??

Would appreciate any help. Thank you.
If she knows the mistake I would advise to write it to HO. She can refill those two pages and can send it to HO with the covering letter explaining the mistake that she made. The address doe the further information will be different to the address of 1st application and can be found on the guide.

Sunskykelilo
Newly Registered

Post by Sunskykelilo » Thu May 20, 2010 11:05 pm

senthil78 wrote: If she knows the mistake I would advise to write it to HO. She can refill those two pages and can send it to HO with the covering letter explaining the mistake that she made. The address doe the further information will be different to the address of 1st application and can be found on the guide.
Thank you for your reply - do you know if they are likely to reject her application over her mistakes even if she writes to them with the corrections.

senthil78
Member of Standing

Post by senthil78 » Fri May 21, 2010 2:02 pm

Sunskykelilo wrote:
senthil78 wrote: If she knows the mistake I would advise to write it to HO. She can refill those two pages and can send it to HO with the covering letter explaining the mistake that she made. The address doe the further information will be different to the address of 1st application and can be found on the guide.
Thank you for your reply - do you know if they are likely to reject her application over her mistakes even if she writes to them with the corrections.
No, if she writes to HO. She has to send ASAP before they decide her application. I too did some mistake when I applied and I sent the correction later on, my application was successful.

Sunskykelilo
Newly Registered

Post by Sunskykelilo » Fri May 21, 2010 6:58 pm

senthil78 wrote:
Sunskykelilo wrote:
No, if she writes to HO. She has to send ASAP before they decide her application. I too did some mistake when I applied and I sent the correction later on, my application was successful.
Ok thats good. Thank you for your help.