ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply for two EEA visas in two different countries?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rrrjjjmmm
Newly Registered

Can I apply for two EEA visas in two different countries?

Post by rrrjjjmmm » Fri May 21, 2010 12:18 am

Hello, me again. You've all been super helpful, and I'm learning through this process that I'm easily confused! :?

Quick run down.

I am Australian, 27 years old, 5 foot 2, allergic to cats and I've previously held a WHV for the UK - where and when I my my lovely future husband (in 8 weeks from today actually). He's a Brit. We're living in Mexico teaching English, we moved here over a year ago when my UK WHV ran out so we could stay together, and really consider whether we were to be together. Hey presto, we are, and now we wanna go home - and the spouse visa route just doesn't cut it for us - various reasons... We are going to Australia for our honeymoon and I intend to apply for an Irish working holiday visa while I'm there (for two reasons, a) we need two incomes from day dot and b) because he will be going to Ireland the same time as me so won't be able to get me an EEA in advance and I don't want to be stuck there while he finds a job, gets the applications done, etc). We intend to relocate to the UK mid-late 2011 - but, it could be longer.

My questions are:

1. When we arrive in Ireland, and he obtains a job (vis a vis - exercises treaty rights), and I'm working on a WHV, can we place an application for an EEA immediately? The reason I'm considering this is because the WHV has a six month work restriction, and I feel that having an application underway would make me more employable. There's also the chance of a really good job waiting for me to take up in Ireland with my old company in London, so we could stay longer than my WHV would allow.

2. If we did get an EEA for me in Ireland as his Mrs. Would I then be able to, after six months say, undertake the same application to return to the UK with him under the Singh business? Or is that pushing my luck?

I wish I had squillions of pesos / dollars / pounds / euros so I could just live as a lady of leisure, wherever I wanted!

Anyway, I appreciate the expertise of everyone here. After I have these queries cleared up, I'll feel a lot better I think!

Pencilled in date of departure, 30 Sept. So - gotta get moving on it all!

Cheers!

RM

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Sat May 22, 2010 9:23 am

As far as I can tell, I don't see any reason why you can't have EEA applications in both countries. Shouldn't be a problem.

there are experts here who can give more informed reply though.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

mrlookforward
BANNED

Re: Can I apply for two EEA visas in two different countries

Post by mrlookforward » Sat May 22, 2010 2:49 pm

rrrjjjmmm wrote:Hello, me again. You've all been super helpful, and I'm learning through this process that I'm easily confused! :?

Quick run down.

I am Australian, 27 years old, 5 foot 2, allergic to cats and I've previously held a WHV for the UK - where and when I my my lovely future husband (in 8 weeks from today actually). He's a Brit. We're living in Mexico teaching English, we moved here over a year ago when my UK WHV ran out so we could stay together, and really consider whether we were to be together. Hey presto, we are, and now we wanna go home - and the spouse visa route just doesn't cut it for us - various reasons... We are going to Australia for our honeymoon and I intend to apply for an Irish working holiday visa while I'm there (for two reasons, a) we need two incomes from day dot and b) because he will be going to Ireland the same time as me so won't be able to get me an EEA in advance and I don't want to be stuck there while he finds a job, gets the applications done, etc). We intend to relocate to the UK mid-late 2011 - but, it could be longer.

My questions are:

1. When we arrive in Ireland, and he obtains a job (vis a vis - exercises treaty rights), and I'm working on a WHV, can we place an application for an EEA immediately? The reason I'm considering this is because the WHV has a six month work restriction, and I feel that having an application underway would make me more employable. There's also the chance of a really good job waiting for me to take up in Ireland with my old company in London, so we could stay longer than my WHV would allow.

2. If we did get an EEA for me in Ireland as his Mrs. Would I then be able to, after six months say, undertake the same application to return to the UK with him under the Singh business? Or is that pushing my luck?

I wish I had squillions of pesos / dollars / pounds / euros so I could just live as a lady of leisure, wherever I wanted!

Anyway, I appreciate the expertise of everyone here. After I have these queries cleared up, I'll feel a lot better I think!

Pencilled in date of departure, 30 Sept. So - gotta get moving on it all!

Cheers!

RM
1. Yes
2. Yes

You have got it totally right. No need for any further research, just get on with your plan. Good Luck.
:D