ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

deer727
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

good luck

Post by deer727 » Fri May 21, 2010 10:28 pm

wishing you good luck :D

deer727
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: good luck

Post by deer727 » Fri May 21, 2010 10:39 pm

Any One Know About Nadra Marrige Certificate Issuing Through Union Council If We Give Them Its Good ???????

Nikha Nama Reg. With Union Council With Seal.attest With MOFA
Tranlate In Eglish.Attest MOFA And Notry Public .
Nadra Marrige Certificate .

Thanks

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Fri May 21, 2010 11:11 pm

Thanks for the reply.
So would you suggest that the MOFA is a safe place to go in order to attest the translation of a Nikah Nama?

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Sat May 22, 2010 12:30 am

khalid83 wrote:Salam everyone,

Thanks navalaviator for your reply,

No I only provided Nika Nama its attested English translation and wedding photos. What should I do next, I mean shall I appeal or re-apply and is it possible that the refusal decision is being overturned and if yes what do I have to do.

Thanks,

khalid
No I only provided Nika Nama its attested English translation and wedding photos
Well if you didnt provide any sort of evidence of contact like itemised phone billing,greeting cards and letters etc between you and your wife since the time you have been married then i think it was damn more then enough reason for the ECO to refuse you as it clearly gives an image that the marriage is polygamous or of convenience.
Mate merely wedding photos cant satisfy the ECO that marriage is subsisting(Though it does satisfy the requirement that marriage has taken place and you have actually met your loved one) as there is a high possibility that the relationship is not going on anymore after your marriage and the lack of the evidence of communication justifies it.
What should I do next, I mean shall I appeal or re-apply and is it possible that the refusal decision is being overturned and if yes what do I have to do.
Apart from the suspicion of marriage subsistance you have been refused on few other reasons as well so IMHO you should better ask your solicitor as i read in your previous post that you have been in touch with your solicitor about the refusal and he is the best person who could advise you that what you need to do NEXT(you are supposed to ask this from your solicitor though :roll: ) ,you would have paid him around 250 quids or so ( i assume so!) and your solicitor knows your situation more then any body else here on this thread. :wink:
Ask Batley khan if he could help you out from that trap as his advice is second to none 8)

Remember you have 28 days to lodge your appeal from the day you recevied your notice of refusal and you would be better off if you quickly sort out things with your solicitor.
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Sat May 22, 2010 4:02 am

My story so far (after the headache of getting teh papers sorted and submitted) :

Mon 10/05/10 Submitted

Fri 14/05/10 Checked online = Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on
(had incorrect reference initially)

(checking everyday since 14/05/10, no change)

Fri 21/05/10 Checked online at 1pm = Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on

Sat 22/05/10 Checked online early hours 3.55am = Visa application is under process at the British High Commission.

I doubt the Brits work Saturdays :lol:
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Sat May 22, 2010 9:15 am

I currently already have an english translated copy of our Nikah Nama.

1) Does it matter where I got it translated from? (As long as its correct right?).

2) Will getting it attested from MOFA be the best way to go?

3) If the translation is already attested by someone else, can someone else also attest it?

Thanks in advance, this is something that I really need to get my head round this weekend.

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Sat May 22, 2010 10:59 am

kaidee wrote:My story so far (after the headache of getting teh papers sorted and submitted) :

Mon 10/05/10 Submitted

Sat 22/05/10 Checked online early hours 3.55am = Visa application is under process at the British High Commission.

Kaidee - we are a day apart in application submission date; My wife submitted:
Tues 11/05/10 Submitted

On 12/05/10 checked online = Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on

checking everyday since but my status has not changed, this is a good news bro at least someone is looking at it - I wonder, whether mine will change on Sunday considering I submitted a day after yours

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Sat May 22, 2010 7:36 pm

SubhanAllah, that is really annoying. I submitted at Mirpur so I don't know if they have a different route for their paperwork than at Islamabad (where you submitted) or whether they have some sort of criteria in selecting which get on the conveyer belt first (maybe they knew that my 250 odd pages would take ages to look at so chucked it on first). InshaAllah I pray that your application, and that of others, gets a move on pronto and that we are all succesful and that is something easy for Allah to do alhamdulillah.
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

alibokhari

Post by alibokhari » Sat May 22, 2010 7:38 pm

kaidee wrote:My story so far (after the headache of getting teh papers sorted and submitted) :

Mon 10/05/10 Submitted

Kaidee just a quick question - was your application "dependant" or "settlement" based?

thanks and good luck..

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Sat May 22, 2010 7:49 pm

Settlement, for the trouble and strife :P

alibokhari

Post by alibokhari » Sat May 22, 2010 7:53 pm

I hope the application goes through inshallah - my wife submitted her application on 16 April and still waiting to be processed. the message to date is "forwarded to Islamabad OC".. any suggestions . thanks
kaidee wrote:Settlement, for the trouble and strife :P

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Sat May 22, 2010 7:57 pm

Ameen, and yours too inshaAllah. It may be the case that you are just going to get the one notification telling you that the application is ready for pick up as this 'under process' seems to be a new development for Pakistani applications.

Maybe an email or two to chase the application? Can't hurt I suppose, I wouldn't know where to email though, I think there are a couple of email addresses a page or so back.

zmk2

Post by zmk2 » Sat May 22, 2010 10:42 pm

MASHALLAH, thats quick kaidee, my wife submitted on 06/05/10 at islamabad .Mines has not changed from application forwaded to islamabad oc.
When you feel all alone in this world
And there's nobody to count your tears
Just remember, no matter where you are
Allah knows
Allah knows
[Moderator edit]

humtum

inqury

Post by humtum » Sun May 23, 2010 12:11 am

hi all
im new on this forum.i summited my wife settement visa on 19/03/10 at MIRPUR office.i have few question if some one can answer please i had my nikkah and simple wedding cermany on same day when i went to pakistan just worrying will that be an issue to ECO to think how thats possible.2 nd on forms i ticked yes that my wife will work here but i forgot to ask the company letter to confirm it and i enclosed only few phone cards which i used to call my wife as its been only 2 month for my wedding and i did not had any bills.im worring that ECO may refuse our case on these things.can any one please explain that will this be a problem

humtum

inqury

Post by humtum » Sun May 23, 2010 12:14 am

sorrys guys i summited case on 19/05/10

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Re: inqury

Post by navalaviator » Sun May 23, 2010 7:43 am

humtum wrote:hi all
im new on this forum.i summited my wife settement visa on 19/03/10 at MIRPUR office.i have few question if some one can answer please i had my nikkah and simple wedding cermany on same day when i went to pakistan just worrying will that be an issue to ECO to think how thats possible.2 nd on forms i ticked yes that my wife will work here but i forgot to ask the company letter to confirm it and i enclosed only few phone cards which i used to call my wife as its been only 2 month for my wedding and i did not had any bills.im worring that ECO may refuse our case on these things.can any one please explain that will this be a problem
2 nd on forms i ticked yes that my wife will work here but i forgot to ask the company letter to confirm it
Well i could not exactly figure out this bit of your query :roll:
But if you mean you forgot to include your employment letter that could be and could not be a problem and if the ECO needs to confirm your job details they could contact your work place by using the information you provided(i assume you completed the form thoroughly without missing any relevant section) in the sponsor's employment details section.
i have few question if some one can answer please i had my nikkah and simple wedding cermany on same day when i went to pakistan just worrying will that be an issue to ECO to think how thats possible
Well ECO might not be interested to look that you had your Nikkah and wedding ceremony on the same day all what he will be interested to findout in your application that you were present in pakistan(Will check your passport for entry and exit stamps) on the day of your Nikkah and you and and your wife signed the nikkah nama and provided the certified english translation of it plus the wedding pics of both of you sitting togather atleast in one pic. :D
i enclosed only few phone cards which i used to call my wife as its been only 2 month for my wedding and i did not had any bills.im worring that ECO may refuse our case on these things.can any one please explain that will this be a problem
I am afraid that could possibly be an issue as the phone cards cant prove that you are the person who used them to contact your loved one as these cards cant produce the paper trail to confirm that you have been in contact with the person who claims to be your partner.(But some times phone cards have worked for people to prove the evidence of contact successfully) :)
Only itemised phone bills ,letters,greeting cards and other correspondence will prove that you have been in contact with your loved one since the time you have been married and your relationship is ongoing and subsisting.

I didnt attempt to scare you or make things look gleaming all what i said is just based purely on my assumption and reading other peoples experiences.I hope that inshallah you will get your visa,just pray for the best and positive outcome as now you have already submitted your case and nothing can be done but only dua and pray will get you a happy conclusion inshallah mate. :D

humtum

Post by humtum » Sun May 23, 2010 10:13 am

Thanks Batley khan
I did enclosed my employment letter but in question 8.6.7 I ticked that my wife will work here but I write down the company name but forgot to get the job offer letter from the company.

Things I included with application are listed below please see if anything else is also missing
1)6months bank statments and 6 month wage slips and empoyment letter
2)Urdu and English attested nikkah Nama attested from (Pakistan)
3)my passport attested copies from uk
4)wedding photos and airline ticket as proof I went to Pakistan
5)I have my own 3bed room house,so gas,water,bt,electric bills were included
6)land registry document,mortage statment and council
tax
7)phone cards which I been using to call my wife
8)letter from hotel owner to confirm our wedding ceremany took place in his hotel

Thanks
Ali

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Sun May 23, 2010 7:52 pm

I did enclosed my employment letter
:roll:
I dont know why i have a bad feeling about it :evil: BK knows wha i mean or just pm me to let you know :wink:

deer727
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by deer727 » Sun May 23, 2010 8:25 pm

humtum wrote:Thanks Batley khan
I did enclosed my employment letter but in question 8.6.7 I ticked that my wife will work here but I write down the company name but forgot to get the job offer letter from the company.

Things I included with application are listed below please see if anything else is also missing
1)6months bank statments and 6 month wage slips and empoyment letter
2)Urdu and English attested nikkah Nama attested from (Pakistan)
3)my passport attested copies from uk
4)wedding photos and airline ticket as proof I went to Pakistan
5)I have my own 3bed room house,so gas,water,bt,electric bills were included
6)land registry document,mortage statment and council
tax
7)phone cards which I been using to call my wife
8)letter from hotel owner to confirm our wedding ceremany took place in his hotel

Thanks
Ali
You Doing Good Job InshAllah You Will Get Good New.

yas00007
Newly Registered

Post by yas00007 » Sun May 23, 2010 9:58 pm

Salaam,

I think this question may have been answered before, but does anyone how long does your wife has to travel within after getting her visa?

I have been told 3 months, can someone say if thats right or confirm it with a UKBA link?

Thanks

fais79

Visa application is under process at British high commission

Post by fais79 » Mon May 24, 2010 12:50 am

Hello,

My wife submitted her application in Lahore on 25 April. Initially the status on-line was "Your Application forwarded to OC" then couple of weeks later it changed to "Visa application is under process at British high commission"

I was just wondering after how long of above status does the applicant is informed about her application.

Would appreciate feedback from others who have received visas for there wife/husband.

Thanks.

deemi

Post by deemi » Mon May 24, 2010 9:06 am

Salaam guys

No news yet!! Into week 8 now!! The joy!

Anyway - mrh, sherif, CRT7 you guys heard anything???
Done waiting!!!!

z4ydi

Status Changed

Post by z4ydi » Mon May 24, 2010 9:11 am

Salamu Alaicum Kaidee - My status too changed this morning to "Visa Application is under process at British High Commission".
My wife submitted her application on:
Tues 11/05/10 Submitted
On 12/05/10 checked online = Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on
On 24/05/10 checked online = Visa Application is under process at British High Commission

My question too is how long does it take from this stage - till you receive a call for collection.

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Mon May 24, 2010 10:01 am

deemi,

nope nothing.........im into week 11 now, still nothing......the status hasnt even changed.......

Inshallah we will all hear good news soon

deemi

Post by deemi » Mon May 24, 2010 10:21 am

CRT7 - man you have some patience!!!

Inshallah this will be the week for all of us that applied in March!!!
Done waiting!!!!