ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Amount for dependent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PRadeep Itnal

Maintenance Amount for dependent

Post by PRadeep Itnal » Thu May 20, 2010 3:17 pm

Hi all
I am maintaining a 1600 GBP (105,981INR as on today from OANDA) for my wife, from 1st of MAY, in my salary account(ICICI Bank). she is suppose to apply in july or august.

My query is
1. My monthly salary also get deposited into the same account. So it will cross the amount to 1600GBP.

2.And today i got some bonus from my company, that also got deposited to the same account.

So my query is , in cover letter when i am applying for my wifes visa, how should i mention , about maintenance.? on an average its 1600GBP, for last 3 months like that i mention? pls guide me. I lknow if its more than 1600GBP its not a problem but hint me how do i convince the case worker on this(Considering i may withdraw some cash in future ie in 3 months period ).

vks

Re: Maintenance Amount for dependent

Post by vks » Thu May 20, 2010 3:56 pm

PRadeep Itnal wrote:Hi all
I am maintaining a 1600 GBP (105,981INR as on today from OANDA) for my wife, from 1st of MAY, in my salary account(ICICI Bank). she is suppose to apply in july or august.

My query is
1. My monthly salary also get deposited into the same account. So it will cross the amount to 1600GBP.

2.And today i got some bonus from my company, that also got deposited to the same account.

So my query is , in cover letter when i am applying for my wifes visa, how should i mention , about maintenance.? on an average its 1600GBP, for last 3 months like that i mention? pls guide me. I lknow if its more than 1600GBP its not a problem but hint me how do i convince the case worker on this(Considering i may withdraw some cash in future ie in 3 months period ).
Get a letter from the bank stating that the minimal required amount has been always maintained or for the period of claim!
Regards,
vks

layman

Post by layman » Fri May 21, 2010 4:40 pm

submit 3 months original bank statements while applying and just mention that balance has never been below 1600 GBP. You need to be careful about the exchange rate fluctuations though. Is the last day of the period used for maintenance funds exchange rate as well? If so and the pound gains significantly, the equivalent GBP will start dipping even if you maintain the same amount

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Maintenance Amount for dependent

Post by aliq09 » Sat May 22, 2010 4:27 pm

PRadeep Itnal wrote:Hi all

My query is

Hi ,

ECO will only see the amount which is in the account for the last 90 days . As your current account is topping up with cash :) kindly get a letter from bank " with following wording "

Bank letter must state that your current account balance with account holder name never falls below date ::::::::: to Date ::::::::::: . Amounts are in cash and on this date ::::::::: Pound to INR exchange rate is this .............
Thanks

Ali