ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Temporary or pass travel document for a child of an EEA

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abderrahim
Newly Registered

Temporary or pass travel document for a child of an EEA

Post by abderrahim » Sat May 22, 2010 6:51 pm

Dear all,

I would like to know if someone has already got a kind of temporary or a pass travle document to come back to the UK.
My situation is a s follows: I am Belgian (EEA) and I am going to have my ILR next July 2010. My daughter was born is the UK in Decembre 2009 and she is entitled to register as a British citizen but starting from the middle of July (i.e. when I become settled in the UK). My wife (non- EEA) and me would like to travel in the begining of July and we need a sort of a pass travel document for our daughter to be able to come back to the UK. Does anyone know whether it is possible that the home office can provide us with such a document?

Thanks a lot

Abderrahim

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sun May 23, 2010 9:32 am

Any reason why your daughter doesn't have a Belgian passport?

abderrahim
Newly Registered

Post by abderrahim » Sun May 23, 2010 1:22 pm

Thanks for your answer.
My daughter is entitled to a Belgian citizenship as well but I have to apply for this and this take 6 months in average which is too late for us. She's also entitled to register as a British citizen from the 13/07/2010 (the date where I am having the automatic indefinite leave to remain). As you can see she has everything but nothing to travel with us in the short term (i.e before 10/07/2010).

Thank you

Abderrahim

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun May 23, 2010 1:32 pm

abderrahim, your problem is this. In order to travel internationally your child needs a passport (or an official ID card issued by an EEA Government, if travelling to an EEA country). But from your explanation she does not have a Belgian passport, and is not yet entitled to apply for a British one.

Which leaves the possibility, has she got a passport issued by her mother's country? If not, she is not entitled to travel internationally ... and we have not even started to talk about any possible need for a visa.
John

abderrahim
Newly Registered

Post by abderrahim » Sun May 23, 2010 1:47 pm

Dear John,

Thank you very much for reading my query and answering it.
In fact, I applied for a Moroccan passeport for my daughter since she is Morrocan by birth. I called the moroccan embassy in london and they told me that even if we don't receive her passeport by July then they can give us a sort of "laisser passer" to go to Morocco. The problem will then raise when we will decide to get back to the UK.

My question John is: Suppose that we got her Moroccan passeport and we traveled to Morocco. Can I use the fact that she is a family member of an EEA national to get her a VISA from Morocco?

PS: Our travel is UK-Morocco and Morocco - UK by plane.

Best

Abderrahim

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun May 23, 2010 2:45 pm

That temporary Moroccan passport, that is just for one-way travel to Morocco? And then you would get a proper Moroccan passport for her? Do you know how long that would take?

Anyway, armed with a proper passport, yes apply for her to get an EEA Family Permit, and that would permit her return to the UK.
John

abderrahim
Newly Registered

Post by abderrahim » Sun May 23, 2010 2:58 pm

Thank you very much John. I think this is the only option I've got.
If I got her Moroccan passeport before we go to Morocco, do you think we can get a visa here stamped by the home office instead of doing it in Morocco?

Best

Abderrahim

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun May 23, 2010 3:09 pm

Well no, an application for a Residence Card in the UK could take 6 months to be processed.
John

abderrahim
Newly Registered

Post by abderrahim » Sun May 23, 2010 9:09 pm

I am not talking about a residence card. but just a kind of paper saying that she has the right to come back to te UK such as a sort of temporary "laisser passer". Thanks John

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun May 23, 2010 10:02 pm

There is no such document as such. An application needs to be made either for an EEA Family Permit ... apply outside the UK .... or a Residence Card .... application in the UK.
John