ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa stamped passport is cancelled..

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

js03022006
Newly Registered

Visa stamped passport is cancelled..

Post by js03022006 » Sun May 23, 2010 4:52 pm

Hi,

I have a valid Tier1 visa which is stamped on my passport but it is expiring on December 2010. I have applied for reissue of my passport and I will be getting the new passport in next week. Passport office put the seal on my old passport which says 'Cancelled'. Here my question is, will it be an issue as the passport (which is having valid visa) mentioned as 'Cancelled'?

I remember I can transfer the visa to new Passport only if I am in UK.

Thanks
js

scotlandindian
Newly Registered

Re: Visa stamped passport is cancelled..

Post by scotlandindian » Sun May 23, 2010 4:57 pm

js03022006 wrote:Hi,

I have a valid Tier1 visa which is stamped on my passport but it is expiring on December 2010. I have applied for reissue of my passport and I will be getting the new passport in next week. Passport office put the seal on my old passport which says 'Cancelled'. Here my question is, will it be an issue as the passport (which is having valid visa) mentioned as 'Cancelled'?

Thanks
js

No worries mate .
when i had my indian passport my Uk visa was on my old passport and i had further 2 new indian passports .

Only thing u have to do is carry all the 3 with u when u travel .

or as u said u can also transfer to new .But i never did that ....

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun May 23, 2010 5:12 pm

You may get the visa transferred to your new passport if you wish to (spend money necessarily), but it is not mandatory / required.

As suggested, travel with both the passports - one with the visa (cancelled) and the new passport - no problem!

regards

js03022006
Newly Registered

Post by js03022006 » Sun May 23, 2010 5:12 pm

Thanks for your immediate reply.

js

*FC*
Member of Standing

Re: Visa stamped passport is cancelled..

Post by *FC* » Mon May 24, 2010 9:53 am

js03022006 wrote:Hi,

Thanks
js
Carry both your passports ! Or if you have money to burn, get it transferred to the new passport ! However, I suggest you to carry both your passports and buy me my beer ! :twisted: :wink:

FC