ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

17 Year old looking to move to Canada

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

scottish-lad
Newly Registered

17 Year old looking to move to Canada

Post by scottish-lad » Fri May 21, 2010 10:34 pm

Allright people :)

I have posted on a few other forums, just looking for someone to point me in the right direction. Hopefully someone here can do that.

Im 17 years old, living in Scotland with 1 week left of school. I am thinking of becomming a plumber and would like to know the quickest way to get into Canada :)
I have been twice before and absolutely love the place, Vancouver especially.

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Fri May 21, 2010 11:07 pm

well best way out would be if you can get a job offer from them, at this stage it will be difficult for you to score enough points as you are less likely to qualify as you do not have work exp as well as educational points.

If you would really like to move to Canada, alternative could be getting your self admission in one of the courses which could help you settle there in a longer run but bear in mind education costs are pretty high.
Good Luck

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Re: 17 Year old looking to move to Canada

Post by raymasa2 » Sat May 22, 2010 9:36 am

scottish-lad wrote:Allright people :)

I have posted on a few other forums, just looking for someone to point me in the right direction. Hopefully someone here can do that.

Im 17 years old, living in Scotland with 1 week left of school. I am thinking of becomming a plumber and would like to know the quickest way to get into Canada :)
I have been twice before and absolutely love the place, Vancouver especially.

BUNAC maybe another way, but you need to be at least 18 to apply. Also, the application seems to fill up quickly, if you thinking about BUNAC, you should start preparing as early as you can.

http://www.bunac.org/uk/workcanada/

Ray

Spark
- thin ice -

Post by Spark » Sun May 23, 2010 9:48 pm

Bunac 2011 will open this December. Assuming that you will be 18 by then I recommend that you look into it.

The YMS system for Canada is a pain in the arse for UK citizens since it was outsourced to Bunac but will still be considerably easier and cheaper than any other possible route for you right now, which I think will be few.

You want long term then train as a plumber, lorry driver or electrician. You will get government assistance in Britain for that and Canada much prefers blue collar tradesmen generally to white collar professionals (ala USA/UK/Australia etc).
We make holes in the teeth
We make holes in the teeth.