ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

dependent application for new born

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dunston444
Newly Registered

dependent application for new born

Post by dunston444 » Mon May 24, 2010 9:26 am

dear friends, i am currently on tier 1 visa and came down to india for my delivery few months ago, i have been outside uk for more that 180 days but my tier 1 visa is valid till next year end.would i have trouble entering uk back due to being outside uk for so long on a tier 1 or is this applicable only when i am applying for the ILR.
my husband is on his own tier 1 and is gonna apply for his ILR next year.is it better to make my baby dependent on my husbands visa, does it matter? or does my baby have to be my own dependent to travel with me?
please kindly help

vks

Re: dependent application for new born

Post by vks » Mon May 24, 2010 9:30 am

dunston444 wrote:dear friends, i am currently on tier 1 visa and came down to india for my delivery few months ago, i have been outside uk for more that 180 days but my tier 1 visa is valid till next year end.would i have trouble entering uk back due to being outside uk for so long on a tier 1 or is this applicable only when i am applying for the ILR.
my husband is on his own tier 1 and is gonna apply for his ILR next year.is it better to make my baby dependent on my husbands visa, does it matter? or does my baby have to be my own dependent to travel with me?
please kindly help
It does matter, when you get the ILR. IMHO, the child should be dependent of his/her dad. So when he applies for an ILR, he/she may be eligible to apply at that time!
Regards,
vks