ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can this create any problem? - Need urgent advice

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

indian_in_uk

Can this create any problem? - Need urgent advice

Post by indian_in_uk » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:54 am

I was on work permit with a company from Aug'2002 - Sept-2004. I changed the employer and was again on work permit from Oct-2004 - April-2005 (Valid till Sept-2009). Then I decided to go for HSMP and was awarded the same intially for one year starting from April'2005.

I recently applied for HSMP extension and was awarded the same expiring in April'2009.

My problem that is on the visa stamp, case worker have written a line (with normal pen) that this visa supercedes the visa (work permit visa that was valid till Sept'2009) on page 15 in the passport.

Is this normal/Common?? I am really worried about(repurcussions of the line if any)it as I am about to apply for mortgage and then ILR in July.
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.

basis

Post by basis » Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:20 am

It is perfectly normal practice. any new visa supersedes the earlier visa.

will not create any prob for your ILR or anywhere else. No worries. Good luck.

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:30 am

Thanks for your reply basis.
So is it perfectly normal for them to write the line?? do you know anyone similar to this case?
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.

basis

Post by basis » Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:37 am

indian_in_uk wrote:Thanks for your reply basis.
So is it perfectly normal for them to write the line?? do you know anyone similar to this case?
Yes I know few cases where this has been done and got ILR afterwards. in fact i dont know whats really bugging you in this case. It is quite clear that you have new visa which cancels out the old visa. Even when you get ILR - your WP stamping may be cancelled by IO at the port of entry when you enter the UK next.

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:22 pm

Thanks again Basis.

I was worried because they wrote the line "This supersedes the stamp on page 15" by a black pen.

So I was kinda worried that may be mortgage people think about it otherwise

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:40 pm

In my case, it was written on my passport that my ILR superceeded my WP... lol..