ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 GENERAL Processing Time in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

botalian

Tier 1 GENERAL Processing Time in UK

Post by botalian » Sat May 22, 2010 7:19 pm

Please can any body help me. I have applied for Tier1 General on 28 March 2010. Have received the acknowledgement letter. its been now over 9 weeks. i have not heard anything. i have called them and they say call after 14 weeks. is there another way to contact them. people who have applied after me have received their passports.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon May 24, 2010 1:23 pm

The problem with applications in UK is we can not get individual upadates till 14week is completed.. the delay in most cases is when the HO wants to verify your documents and get confirmation from different depts like your educational institutes/ employers/ contracts/ bank etc..

so if you think there might be some docs that requires verification that is the reason the delay is due to..

but if you think everything you submitted is perfect and is as per HO requirement.. keep cool its just a matter of time

Vitavi

Post by Vitavi » Mon May 24, 2010 1:33 pm

Have you got any self-employed income? Or your degree is not from the UK? If so, then you are likely to experience a delay. There is no way for you to check the progress of your application until after 14 weeks. But even then they won't tell you any information as to where the problem is, but rather that your case is still under consideration. I understand your frustration, but there is nothing you can do just right now exept for being positive.

beecharmer1800bc

Re: Tier 1 GENERAL Processing Time in UK

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Mon May 24, 2010 1:38 pm

botalian wrote:Please can any body help me. I have applied for Tier1 General on 28 March 2010. Have received the acknowledgement letter. its been now over 9 weeks. i have not heard anything. i have called them and they say call after 14 weeks. is there another way to contact them. people who have applied after me have received their passports.
I submitted on the 19th of March and not heard a thing yet. I know that they have verified some of my documents, but I don't know how much longer I need to wait moreso I lost my job and need to hit the job market with my passport!

It's pointless contacting the call centre cuz they just read off their script and tell you to keep waiting.

Did you use more than one income source? I mean did you combine jobs etc? The more documents you submit,especially foreign docs, the longer the application will take.
Don't waste your time working hard-work smart

botalian

Post by botalian » Mon May 24, 2010 7:30 pm

Thanks guys for your responces. My all documents are from UK. I mean educational documents, employment and bank statements. every thing is from UK. I have not heard from any source that they have contacted them for verification. They have taken my fee but have not taken my dependent fee yet.

beecharmer1800bc

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Wed May 26, 2010 9:15 am

I submitted on the 19th of March and not heard a thing yet. I know that they have verified some of my documents, but I don't know how much longer I need to wait moreso I lost my job and need to hit the job market with my passport!

It's pointless contacting the call centre cuz they just read off their script and tell you to keep waiting.

Did you use more than one income source? I mean did you combine jobs etc? The more documents you submit,especially foreign docs, the longer the application will take.[/quote]

UPDATE:
I got my passport with Tier 1 visa this morning after a 10 week wait. Guess there's some kind of back log so, do not despair my friend
Don't waste your time working hard-work smart

botalian

Post by botalian » Sat May 29, 2010 6:58 pm

beecharmer1800bc wrote:I submitted on the 19th of March and not heard a thing yet. I know that they have verified some of my documents, but I don't know how much longer I need to wait moreso I lost my job and need to hit the job market with my passport!

Did you use more than one income source? I mean did you combine jobs etc? The more documents you submit,especially foreign docs, the longer the application will take.
UPDATE:
I got my passport with Tier 1 visa this morning after a 10 week wait. Guess there's some kind of back log so, do not despair my friend[/quote]

thanks for the info

layman

Post by layman » Sun May 30, 2010 4:29 pm

beecharmer1800bc wrote:I know that they have verified some of my documents
First of all, congratulations for your successful application!

How did you come to know of document verification? I need to know since I have submitted bank statements on dot matrix printer with bank stamp and sign only. So wondering if UKBA would contact the bank for confirming the authenticity or just reject it without verification.

everyday_4_u

Post by everyday_4_u » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:07 am

I applied switching from Student Visa to Tier 1 (General) on 28th January 2010. Its been over six months now but i did not get anything from Home Office. My timelines are under:
Application Submitted (Within country): 28th January 2010
Application recieved: 29th January 2010 (Royal Mail special delievery)
Fee Deducted: 12th February 2010
Acknowldgment Recieved: 12th Febraury 2010

My all documents are foreign based (Degree, proof of income etc). But six months time is too long for verification. I phoned up 2 months ago but they do not give information except saying that your application is outstanding so wait till the decision is made.
I am really now so frustrated and do not know when this wait will end and i shall get my all original documents back. Anyone got any idea what should i do in this situation? Should i now write to UKBA? Kindly advise..Thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:50 am

everyday_4_u wrote:I applied switching from Student Visa to Tier 1 (General) on 28th January 2010.
Could you explain how you qualified for Tier 1 (General) immediately after being out of work for a year / more (i.e. - studying)?

regards

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:36 am

sushdmehta wrote:
everyday_4_u wrote:I applied switching from Student Visa to Tier 1 (General) on 28th January 2010.
Could you explain how you qualified for Tier 1 (General) immediately after being out of work for a year / more (i.e. - studying)?

regards
Good Question 8)
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

suniljainmay79
Newly Registered

Tier 4 student Visa to Tier 1 General Visa Change

Post by suniljainmay79 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:20 pm

sushdmehta wrote:

regards,

It may be possible that he had applied before completing his studies, may be just after taking the student visa.