ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 Maintainence funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Tier-1 Maintainence funds

Post by aspirant99 » Mon May 24, 2010 10:13 am

Another query please regardin gmaintenence funds..I have got the required 2800 pounds in my Natwest account which is a current plus account. Will the amount in Natwest be considered or the money has to be present in savings account? Also if i do not have a liquid cash instead I have FDs of tht amount, will tht suffice?

beecharmer1800bc

Re: Tier-1 Maintainence funds

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Mon May 24, 2010 11:09 am

aspirant99 wrote:Another query please regardin gmaintenence funds..I have got the required 2800 pounds in my Natwest account which is a current plus account. Will the amount in Natwest be considered or the money has to be present in savings account? Also if i do not have a liquid cash instead I have FDs of tht amount, will tht suffice?
The funds have to be in a personal account; doesn't matter what the bank calls it. So long as you have instant access to it and you can transfer funds to and from the account

Meanwhile for FDs, you'd need to get a letter from the bank to say that you have unlimited access to the funds.
Some applicants have been refused visas because in the eyes of the HO, FDs are not transaction accounts.
Last edited by beecharmer1800bc on Mon May 24, 2010 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't waste your time working hard-work smart

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Post by aspirant99 » Mon May 24, 2010 11:32 am

Thanks for this!!..so i am assuming for maintainence funds it does not matter whether the account is savings or current.

beecharmer1800bc

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Mon May 24, 2010 1:30 pm

aspirant99 wrote:Thanks for this!!..so i am assuming for maintainence funds it does not matter whether the account is savings or current.
Well yes, for current accounts. For savings accounts, so long as you have unlimited access to the funds in the account then it's okay.
I know that some savings account restrict access over a certain period e.g 90 day savings accounts.
Don't waste your time working hard-work smart

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Post by aspirant99 » Mon May 24, 2010 1:37 pm

Much appreciated..Thanks!!

jagdeep_jaz
Newly Registered

Post by jagdeep_jaz » Mon May 24, 2010 3:29 pm

Hi Team ,

I have a Joint account with my wife ,
My question is
On bank letter do i need to certify both account holder name or