ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need a invite letter to entry UK?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gajanan123
Newly Registered

Do I need a invite letter to entry UK?

Post by gajanan123 » Mon May 24, 2010 12:38 pm

Hi,

I already have a Tier1 VISA but no job. So I am going to London to search one.
In such case do I need to have a address to stay or a invite letter from someone in UK to show to immigration officers in UK?

Thanks

vks

Re: Do I need a invite letter to entry UK?

Post by vks » Mon May 24, 2010 1:08 pm

gajanan123 wrote:Hi,

I already have a Tier1 VISA but no job. So I am going to London to search one.
In such case do I need to have a address to stay or a invite letter from someone in UK to show to immigration officers in UK?

Thanks
Although there is no guidance on this, the Immigration Officers would definitely ask this question and the purpose of the visit.
Regards,
vks

gajanan123
Newly Registered

Post by gajanan123 » Mon May 24, 2010 3:20 pm

Thanks a lot vks.

Do you think I need to book a hotel in london as I have nobody in London to help me out on this.

pkumar
Member of Standing

Post by pkumar » Mon May 24, 2010 7:59 pm

you will be ask for address where you going to stay ... and trust me you cannnot say you don;t know .....

gajanan123
Newly Registered

Post by gajanan123 » Mon May 24, 2010 8:15 pm

Do I specific need a invite letter if I have a Tier 1 VISA?

Human
United Kingdom

Post by Human » Tue May 25, 2010 5:04 am

Hi Gajanan,
I am also in same predicament as you. I will be reaching UK on 27 June. Will be attending a training in Cambridge from 30 June - 2 July. Will have to stay in London or nearby and search for work after that.

I don't have any direct/close friend in UK now. So getting an invitation letter from land lord is almost impossible. But I may be able to get an address of some acquaintances where I can stay for first few days. After that I will have to find a new place. Can I put that address in the landing form . Can I have the provision of updating UKBA on each address change. Somebody Please advice. :? No idea on what to do as I am travelling in 3 weeks time.

What about Xray ? Do I need one to be carried with me?

Human
United Kingdom

Post by Human » Tue May 25, 2010 7:51 am

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/mainte ... ommodation

The above guidelines which talks about invitation letter is intended for the reference of ECO (Entry Clearance Officer). As Tier1 visa itself is an entry clearance.The above directions are no longer applicable.

May be things where different with the old HSMP system. May be people are following these outdated practice to make things difficult for others like us :-) Or as we Indians say. To be on the safer side. :-)

Can somebody experienced enlighten us.

vks

Post by vks » Tue May 25, 2010 8:36 am

gajanan123 wrote:Thanks a lot vks.

Do you think I need to book a hotel in london as I have nobody in London to help me out on this.
Well, you do not need an invitation letter from someone!

You may show some hotel bookings
Regards,
vks