ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Application Returned - Info needed

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eagle100
Newly Registered

Citizenship Application Returned - Info needed

Post by eagle100 » Thu May 06, 2010 3:08 pm

I arrived in Ireland on 23rd of April 2005 & then applied around 20th of April 2010 for the citizenship application.

Today i.e. 6th of May 2010. They returned my application saying that I did not complete 5 years here.

But I've already completed 5 years since I arrived here directly on Working Visa.

They returned only Original Docs like Bank Statement, Employment Letter & telling me to re-apply when my 5 years are completed.

I don't really understand this. Now do I have to fill the form again & statutory declaration etc again or what because they did not send me my original application form?
Last edited by eagle100 on Thu May 06, 2010 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Thu May 06, 2010 3:14 pm

You arrived less that two weeks ago and you want citizenship already? :shock:

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: Citizenship Application Returned - Info needed

Post by Ben » Thu May 06, 2010 3:15 pm

eagle100 wrote:I arrived in Ireland on 23rd of April 2010 & then applied around 20th of April 2010 for the citizenship application.
Are you a time traveller?
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

eagle100
Newly Registered

Post by eagle100 » Thu May 06, 2010 3:19 pm

Sorry I guys :D I meant I arrived on 23rd of April 2005.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu May 06, 2010 3:26 pm

eagle100 wrote:Sorry I guys :D I meant I arrived on 23rd of April 2005.
Did you make the same mistake on your citizenship application, I wonder?

Otherwise, I've no idea.

eagle100
Newly Registered

Post by eagle100 » Thu May 06, 2010 3:31 pm

Ben wrote:
eagle100 wrote:Sorry I guys :D I meant I arrived on 23rd of April 2005.
Did you make the same mistake on your citizenship application, I wonder?

Otherwise, I've no idea.
Its not possible. Because, I checked my application many times before send it. I still have the photocopy of my Application Form. So I am sure I did not make this silly mistake.

Other thing is that, I also sent the passport stamps confirming that I have completed my 5 years stay here.

They did not return my original application form Nor the Solicitor attested copies. So I don't know whether to re-submit all of this or just submit the application form only.

They just say lodge a new application when you have 5 years completed in the state.

As I said that since 23rd April 2005 till now I am on Working Visa with the same employer

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu May 06, 2010 3:36 pm

Unusual one. At this stage I'd probably suggest writing to them, asking for clarification on why they feel that you have not submitted the required documents or evidence of five years lawful residence as a work permit holder. You may find that someone made a simple clerical error, that's all (and I wouldn't put it past them).

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Thu May 06, 2010 3:41 pm

eagle100 wrote: Its not possible. Because, I checked my application many times before send it. I still have the photocopy of my Application Form. So I am sure I did not make this silly mistake.

Other thing is that, I also sent the passport stamps confirming that I have completed my 5 years stay here.

They did not return my original application form Nor the Solicitor attested copies. So I don't know whether to re-submit all of this or just submit the application form only.

They just say lodge a new application when you have 5 years completed in the state.

As I said that since 23rd April 2005 till now I am on Working Visa with the same employer
Ask a third party to proof read the documents you submitted. Sometimes the most basic of errors stare us straight in the face.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu May 06, 2010 3:42 pm

IrishTom wrote:Ask a third party to proof read the documents you submitted. Sometimes the most basic of errors stare us straight in the face.
Another good idea.

eagle100
Newly Registered

Post by eagle100 » Thu May 06, 2010 3:55 pm

To be honest with you. One of my friend also applied with me almost same time. He got his reference letter. We both gone through each other's document & are working in same company, almost similar documents etc.

Actually I've been going through this website for quite some time. And I got alot of useful information.

Anyway, I did send an email to them asking the exact reasons and what to do next? Meanwhile, I am preparing a new application with all the documents & solicitor signing etc again & will wait what they reply !!!

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu May 06, 2010 6:51 pm

eagle100 wrote:I arrived in Ireland on 23rd of April 2005 & then applied around 20th of April 2010 for the citizenship application.

Today i.e. 6th of May 2010. They returned my application saying that I did not complete 5 years here.

But I've already completed 5 years since I arrived here directly on Working Visa.

They returned only Original Docs like Bank Statement, Employment Letter & telling me to re-apply when my 5 years are completed.

I don't really understand this. Now do I have to fill the form again & statutory declaration etc again or what because they did not send me my original application form?
For the purpose of naturalization and LTR, INIS calculates your residency period based on the dates each renewal stamp is appended on your passport as against standard calendar months since arrival. Sometimes the two may not synchronize for example due to delay in work permit renewal, delay in renewal of stamps etc. They are quite strict re the 5 years residency. They will return applications even if its a day short. My advice, give it a few more weeks and send in another application with new sets of documents. You should be fine

Good luck

9j
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

eagle100
Newly Registered

Post by eagle100 » Fri May 07, 2010 10:38 am

9jeirean wrote: For the purpose of naturalization and LTR, INIS calculates your residency period based on the dates each renewal stamp is appended on your passport as against standard calendar months since arrival. Sometimes the two may not synchronize for example due to delay in work permit renewal, delay in renewal of stamps etc. They are quite strict re the 5 years residency. They will return applications even if its a day short. My advice, give it a few more weeks and send in another application with new sets of documents. You should be fine

Good luck

9j
Ok, when I arrived here, they issued 1 month stamp.
And then when I took appointment they gave me appointment after 3 days of my 1st month expired. Which means, that the new stamp was affixed 3 days after my 1st month.

Then, I managed to get the appointments prior to my working visa expiry. So based on that I may be 2-3 days short when my application reached it.

Hmm, so I need to collect all the documents + application etc again.

I can do that, but I believe INIS should not be that strict. Few days should be allowed. Or if they don't allow then atleast they should return all the documents so that one don't have to collect the documents again.

Thanks all for the input.

eagle100
Newly Registered

Post by eagle100 » Sun May 09, 2010 3:46 pm

One question:

When I fill in the new Form? Do I have to say YES in section 11. Previous Application. i.e. Given the fact that my application is being sent back with a letter. And in that letter there is a reference number. i.e. they did not issue any reference to me but a reference number of a letter.

Can you please reply?

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Sun May 09, 2010 4:43 pm

eagle100 wrote:One question:

When I fill in the new Form? Do I have to say YES in section 11. Previous Application. i.e. Given the fact that my application is being sent back with a letter. And in that letter there is a reference number. i.e. they did not issue any reference to me but a reference number of a letter.

Can you please reply?
Since your previous was not assigned with a reference number, there will be no record of such on INIS system. So a NO would be appropriate in that section. This is what i did in my situation and I have since been successfully naturalized. Good luck

9j
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

chrisjohn123
Newly Registered

Post by chrisjohn123 » Mon May 24, 2010 4:29 pm

It might be a good idea to list passport pages where the immigration stamps are - to make it easier for INIS to calculate your residency. I sent the application on the day of completing 5 years and was accepted!

Good luck...

eagle100
Newly Registered

Post by eagle100 » Tue May 25, 2010 1:02 pm

chrisjohn123 wrote:It might be a good idea to list passport pages where the immigration stamps are - to make it easier for INIS to calculate your residency. I sent the application on the day of completing 5 years and was accepted!

Good luck...
Already done. Thanks.