ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uk Home Office blocked every Tier 1 Visa Application ??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mzeeshan

Uk Home Office blocked every Tier 1 Visa Application ??

Post by mzeeshan » Tue May 25, 2010 1:48 pm

Hi,

Everyone... After alot of help from this xtremly good forum i completed my Tier 1 application and submitted on 14-May-2010 From Copenhagen Denmark.

But i recently heard that after the election win of conservative party, UK home office silently blocked every under process Tier 1 Visa applications. There is no announcement on any of the official sites regarding this.

So i was wondering if the above rumor is correct or not ? Plz comment if you people know anything in this regard.

Regards
Regards
M.Z

Applied = 14-May-2010 at 9:45 AM
Location = British Embassy Copenhagen Denmark.
Got Tier 1 G on 01-June-2010.
Validity June-2010 - June-2012

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Uk Home Office blocked every Tier 1 Visa Application ??

Post by aliq09 » Tue May 25, 2010 2:33 pm

mzeeshan wrote:Hi,

Everyone... After alot of help from this xtremly good forum i completed my Tier 1 application and submitted on 14-May-2010 From Copenhagen Denmark.

But i recently heard that after the election win of conservative party, UK home office silently blocked every under process Tier 1 Visa applications. There is no announcement on any of the official sites regarding this.

So i was wondering if the above rumor is correct or not ? Plz comment if you people know anything in this regard.

Regards

Hi ,

Well! there is no news like this any where .. people are getting TIER1 stamped after election dates but i have seen delays now .

Ask your self a question ... you want to limit some thing from where you will start .. well! you will tight the applications already with you .. you will see for small mistakes etc .. so IMO , may be this is the case but generally there is nothing like " blocked"
Thanks

Ali

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: Uk Home Office blocked every Tier 1 Visa Application ??

Post by gotcha » Tue May 25, 2010 2:35 pm

mzeeshan wrote:
So i was wondering if the above rumor is correct or not ?
Usually, whatever affects applicant, is published on UKBA website. If it's not there, then it's rumour.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 25, 2010 2:59 pm

mzeeshan wrote:But i recently heard that after the election win of conservative party, UK home office silently blocked every under process Tier 1 Visa applications. There is no announcement on any of the official sites regarding this.
When there has been no announcement, how did you hear about it? :lol:

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Tue May 25, 2010 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mzeeshan

Post by mzeeshan » Tue May 25, 2010 2:59 pm

Well the thing is the Tier 1 Visa official processing time is 5 working days only for Denmark and it is also not mentioned on any of the official websites anywhere but Uk embassy (or VAC) tell you this (written on my appointment letter) when u hand over ur case to them. So the point is .. they don't publish everything on the website...

I triple checked everything in my application and yeah i mean to say delays.. the reason i said "blocked" is because the delays are for indefinite time period which worries me cuz they actually blocked ur passport along with application and if u demand ur passport back for any reason... and i mean for any reason even for 1 day.. they will consider ur application as withdrawn... and fee will not refunded...

thats wat really pisses me off... may be passport blockage for indefinite period is Ok for those who are applying from their native country... but not for us who are on Work permit in EU.

Thats y i really wanted to confirm such rumour or news..
Regards
M.Z

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 25, 2010 3:01 pm

Assumptions.

regards

mzeeshan

Post by mzeeshan » Tue May 25, 2010 3:03 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Assumptions.

regards
Well i heard it from a friend living in london .. whose Friend is a security guard in Uk Home office.
Regards
M.Z

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Tue May 25, 2010 8:37 pm

My friend says the cleaner in the same building says your application is going to the front of the queue. :roll:

Perhaps a delay could have been caused by people having heard the proposals for a cap and getting their applications in now.

Or, it could be that they don't get that many applications in Copenhagen, and someone is off sick.

Be patient, it has been only several working days, and I bet the turnaround times do not include waiting for payment to becleared, biometrics and so on.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 25, 2010 11:19 pm

mzeeshan wrote:

regards
Well i heard it from a friend living in london .. whose Friend is a security guard in Uk Home office.
:lol:

regards

vicky2010
Newly Registered

Post by vicky2010 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:41 pm

So have you got your visa now? If Yes How much time it took to get it?

sushdmehta wrote:
mzeeshan wrote:

regards
:lol:

regards