ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name mismatch

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smshoaibs
Newly Registered

Name mismatch

Post by smshoaibs » Mon May 24, 2010 8:17 pm

Hi,

In my educational documents, like my bachelors and masters degree, and professional certificates like experience letters, reference letter, my name is written as " M.Waqar Ahmed "

where as in my passport, national Identity Card its MUHAMMAD Waqar Ahmed.... actually M stands Muhammad.

I am going to apply for HSMP next month. Please suggest if this can create an issue during verification if yes what supporting documents I should provide to proof that M.Waqar Ahmed and Muhammad Waqar Ahmed is the same name.

please suggest.

cooltt_18

Re: Name mismatch

Post by cooltt_18 » Tue May 25, 2010 8:01 am

smshoaibs wrote:Hi,

In my educational documents, like my bachelors and masters degree, and professional certificates like experience letters, reference letter, my name is written as " M.Waqar Ahmed "

where as in my passport, national Identity Card its MUHAMMAD Waqar Ahmed.... actually M stands Muhammad.

I am going to apply for HSMP next month. Please suggest if this can create an issue during verification if yes what supporting documents I should provide to proof that M.Waqar Ahmed and Muhammad Waqar Ahmed is the same name.

please suggest.
Get an affidavit done which says both the names belong to the same person. Also, ensure that you have a photograph on the affidavit which is also stamped.

Hope this helps.

*FC*
Member of Standing

Post by *FC* » Tue May 25, 2010 8:14 am

please suggest.
Absolutely nothing !!! Just mention that in your covering letter.

I was in a similar situation and all i did was mention it in covering letter. However, if you need peace of mind get an affidavit done as suggested by cooltt_18.

smshoaibs
Newly Registered

Post by smshoaibs » Tue May 25, 2010 8:24 am

Thanks cooltt and FC,

I will get an affidavit just to avoid confusion,

Initially I was thinking to request my university to issue a certificate mentioning that both names belongs to me. Do you think its a good idea or an affidavit is more than enough?

cooltt_18

Post by cooltt_18 » Tue May 25, 2010 8:37 am

smshoaibs wrote:Thanks cooltt and FC,

Initially I was thinking to request my university to issue a certificate mentioning that both names belongs to me. Do you think its a good idea or an affidavit is more than enough?
I had a similar problem. I got an affidavit done and sent it with my application. I got the visa.

smshoaibs
Newly Registered

Post by smshoaibs » Tue May 25, 2010 8:49 am

cooltt_18 wrote:
smshoaibs wrote:Thanks cooltt and FC,

I had a similar problem. I got an affidavit done and sent it with my application. I got the visa.

Thanks Cooltt, Can you share the text of the affidavit please? ( Change confidential information into dummy text). I need to complete documentation ASAP so having the text will save my time :)

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Post by aliq09 » Tue May 25, 2010 3:04 pm

please suggest.

Hi ,

There are two ways to go for this ....

1) Do not mention any thing and just file your case and hope for the best .... this is risky .... now a days they just need small points to refuse your application ... like no bank logo ... ECO reject the case ....hmmm

2) You have to get change your name of passport and it should exactly look like the name you have in all your documents. This is the most 100% best way to deal with your problem.

3) IMO , dont go for other stuff , your case will be delayed ... reason ... If M is written ..suppose i can get certificates for Munir , Mohsin all the names with "M" to my matching name Mohammad .. so get my point .....

Go for choice 2
Thanks

Ali

saisundeep

Post by saisundeep » Tue May 25, 2010 3:26 pm

aliq09 wrote:

please suggest.

Hi ,

There are two ways to go for this ....

1) Do not mention any thing and just file your case and hope for the best .... this is risky .... now a days they just need small points to refuse your application ... like no bank logo ... ECO reject the case ....hmmm

2) You have to get change your name of passport and it should exactly look like the name you have in all your documents. This is the most 100% best way to deal with your problem.

3) IMO , dont go for other stuff , your case will be delayed ... reason ... If M is written ..suppose i can get certificates for Munir , Mohsin all the names with "M" to my matching name Mohammad .. so get my point .....

Go for choice 2
I am with aliq9, even i had a similar problem with my degree certificate but i better changed my name in degree instead of taking any risks i.e make affi or mention in cover letter, change your passport name it would hardly take 15-20 days.

smshoaibs
Newly Registered

Post by smshoaibs » Tue May 25, 2010 5:21 pm

Thanks for response but its not just passport,

In Pakistan NIC is issued in Urdu language.. and in Urdu they cannot write 'M' so in any case they will write Muhammad and then Passport will use the same name as on my NIC.

On the other hand if I opt to change my name to Muhammad Waqar Ahmed then I have to change My SSC, HSC, Bachelors and Masters' degrees and then professional certificates like Experience and appointment letters. which is not going to be easy.

Can I suggest in cover letter that they can confirm it through various ways like my date of birth on SSC degree etc is same as on birth certificate/NIC, Passport. My NIC number on bank statement etc?

gprao2010

Hi

Post by gprao2010 » Wed May 26, 2010 5:19 am

Use the below mentioned format for your affidavit:

To whomsoever it may concern

This is to certify that Mr. XXX YYY ZZZ S/o AAA BBB, born on xx-xx-xxx, residing at "residence address" is known by following names.
1. XXX YYY ZZZ
2. X YYY ZZZ

I, the undersigned Mr. XYZ, Advocate & Notary, Government of XXXX on the basis of subsequent verification and satisfactory evidence placed before me by the individual confirm that wherever the above mentioned names appear in all the documents / educational certificates / passports belong to one and the same person only.

Authorised Signatory