ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Mon May 24, 2010 10:44 am

humtum wrote:Thanks Batley khan
I did enclosed my employment letter but in question 8.6.7 I ticked that my wife will work here but I write down the company name but forgot to get the job offer letter from the company.

Things I included with application are listed below please see if anything else is also missing
1)6months bank statments and 6 month wage slips and empoyment letter
2)Urdu and English attested nikkah Nama attested from (Pakistan)
3)my passport attested copies from uk
4)wedding photos and airline ticket as proof I went to Pakistan
5)I have my own 3bed room house,so gas,water,bt,electric bills were included
6)land registry document,mortage statment and council
tax
7)phone cards which I been using to call my wife
8)letter from hotel owner to confirm our wedding ceremany took place in his hotel

Thanks
Ali
Salaam Ali. From my personal experience you have strengthened certain portions of your case, while the other remain weak, and just like a shelf, regardless of how strong one part is, if the whole thing is not stable it is very likely to collapse. You have done a good job of providing evidence of suitable accommodation, however you still lack proof of contact. The phone cards hold very little water. Did you not send your wife any money? Perhaps a few greeting cards?

Inshallah it'll go well brother, and now that you've lodged your application there is nothing to be achieved by stressing about it.

However having said that, if you feel there is something that could put a dent in your application then prepare for it. e.g. contact. Start calling your Mrs now through your landline, send her money and greeting cards. As you know some brothers here have been waiting 10+ weeks, so if you do not continue to gather evidence and your visa application is refused, you will not be prepared for the appeal with the proper evidence.

But if you don't listen to a word of my advice, the one thing I strongly recommend is you stay around on this forum, and everyone will bend over backwards to try to help you.

If you have any other questions, post them in this thread, or PM me.

Zak.

sherifuk
Newly Registered

Post by sherifuk » Mon May 24, 2010 11:06 am

nothing yet pal no news

deemi

Post by deemi » Mon May 24, 2010 1:10 pm

Salaam all

Guessing won't here anything today now as it's past 5 in Pakistan!!

Losing the plot a little now!!! Just hope to hear something soon!!

Wasalaam
Done waiting!!!!

kaidee

Re: Status Changed

Post by kaidee » Mon May 24, 2010 1:39 pm

z4ydi wrote:Salamu Alaicum Kaidee - My status too changed this morning to "Visa Application is under process at British High Commission".
My wife submitted her application on:
Tues 11/05/10 Submitted
On 12/05/10 checked online = Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on
On 24/05/10 checked online = Visa Application is under process at British High Commission

My question too is how long does it take from this stage - till you receive a call for collection.
Wa 'alaikumus salamu wa rahmatullah

Alhamdulillah, that is good news. According to Sheikh Google it can be a matter of days or weeks from here so that doesn't actually tell us anything :lol: as that was the case from the onset!
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Mon May 24, 2010 1:54 pm

salaam deemi

im patient cos theres nothing to be achieved by stressing, at the end of the day whatever Allah wills will happen regardless of how much we stress over it. It is very difficult for me, only I know how I have lived without my husband for the past 2 months but Allah gives patience.........jus hang in there mate, the more you run after it the more it'll run away from you, you will hear when you least expect it......keep the faith up.........good luck

deemi

Post by deemi » Mon May 24, 2010 2:10 pm

CTR7 - I take back the man bit!! Haha!!

I know what ur saying - and I kind of accept it! But I need somewhere to vent u know! Can't do it with the mrs as it will just stress her - can't do it at home for the same reasons! And my mates aren't going through it so that's why I do it on these boards!

Anyway faith is being kept!! Bring on the waiting.......
Done waiting!!!!

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Mon May 24, 2010 2:24 pm

lol

I know what you mean only ppl going through this can understand, no one else.....I jus take it out on my husband, lol.......

Inshallah we all hear good news soon...

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Mon May 24, 2010 2:45 pm

Well mates all of you who are waiting just be patient and inshallah all of you will hear very soon regarding your applications. :)
I know its a very difficult time as i have myself gone through this stage last year and that was one the most difficult and hard times of my life and i can feel the pain you suffer coz of this long and stressing wait.
I had waited full 5 months last year before i had received my decision.My application was a simple straight forward one.I was absolutely fed up of this wait and had given up all of my hopes and some times in despair i even thought that ukba or gerry's might have lost my case! but in the end i was replied after 20 weeks in total. :cry:
8 and 10 week waits are just the normal times you people have been waiting and if you ask me its nothing compared to the time people waited last year in summer.
So just be cool n calm and they will reply you very soon.Your applications are just the normal straight forward ones so just be patient and dont stress yourself too much it will give you nothing but lots headache and severe mental stress.
It would be all over in a matter of just few days now inshallah.
There is a heavy visa fee for settlement cases but the processing times are very slow and of snail's speed. :(
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Mon May 24, 2010 2:47 pm

kaidee wrote:
z4ydi wrote:Salamu Alaicum Kaidee - My status too changed this morning to "Visa Application is under process at British High Commission".
Tues 11/05/10 Submitted
On 24/05/10 checked online = Visa Application is under process at British High Commission

My question too is how long does it take from this stage - till you receive a call for collection.

Alhamdulillah, that is good news. According to Sheikh Google it can be a matter of days or weeks from here so that doesn't actually tell us anything :lol: as that was the case from the onset!
Going back in the forum arount page 260 - 261 ... 2 members received a call within 7 daysafter this stage to collect their passports - hope will be the case for us too inshallah.

humtum

Thanks

Post by humtum » Mon May 24, 2010 3:37 pm

Hi zak
thanks for the reply.I did try to Pm but it's not going it's keep showing the message is still in out box.how ll i contact with you then
thanks
ali

Zak_K

Re: Thanks

Post by Zak_K » Mon May 24, 2010 4:38 pm

humtum wrote:Hi zak
thanks for the reply.I did try to Pm but it's not going it's keep showing the message is still in out box.how ll i contact with you then
thanks
ali
I've sent you a reply, check your PM.

Zak.

joe_90
Newly Registered

Post by joe_90 » Mon May 24, 2010 7:23 pm

Salaam,
I was just wondering how long is it before you can track your visa app online. It's been a week now and the same message comes up "please enter application number " after I input the correct details for the 100th time.

Thanks

Joe

zmk2

Post by zmk2 » Mon May 24, 2010 7:57 pm

SALAM.

Any1 submitted at Islamabad around 05/05/10. ppl who submitted at mirpur have their application under process. any1 from islamabad has their status changed.
When you feel all alone in this world
And there's nobody to count your tears
Just remember, no matter where you are
Allah knows
Allah knows
[Moderator edit]

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Mon May 24, 2010 8:49 pm

z4ydi wrote:
kaidee wrote:
Tues 11/05/10 Submitted

Going back in the forum arount page 260 - 261 ... 2 members received a call within 7 daysafter this stage to collect their passports - hope will be the case for us too inshallah.
Zmk2 salams - yes I have submitted in Islamabad on 12/05/2010 and my status changed this morning.

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Mon May 24, 2010 10:46 pm

joe_90 wrote:Salaam,
I was just wondering how long is it before you can track your visa app online. It's been a week now and the same message comes up "please enter application number " after I input the correct details for the 100th time.

Thanks

Joe
Wassalamu 'alaikum
I couldn't track mine for days because I had a letter in my reference number that shouldn't have been there so I changed it to a zero and abracadabra it tracked. I don't know if that is the case with you.
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Mon May 24, 2010 10:47 pm

z4ydi wrote: Going back in the forum arount page 260 - 261 ... 2 members received a call within 7 daysafter this stage to collect their passports - hope will be the case for us too inshallah.
In shaa Allah, hope so, as long as it's positive :? I am optimistic alhamdulillah.

deer727
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by deer727 » Mon May 24, 2010 10:54 pm

Thanks

Joe
Hi Same Time Next Day I Think You Put Wrong Numbers Its Number Like That If You Apply From Karachi Its Should Be Like That khi/000000/00000/1

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Mon May 24, 2010 11:31 pm

deer727 wrote:

Thanks

Joe
Hi Same Time Next Day I Think You Put Wrong Numbers Its Number Like That If You Apply From Karachi Its Should Be Like That khi/000000/00000/1
:roll:
Last edited by navalaviator on Mon May 24, 2010 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joe_90
Newly Registered

Post by joe_90 » Mon May 24, 2010 11:32 pm

Thanks guys the reference number I've been putting in is :
eg = QML:1234567/12345/1
the app was submitted in mirpur. The only letters are the first three the rest are numbers been trying different combinations but seems I'll have more chance of getting the correct numbers on the lottery.

zmk2

Post by zmk2 » Mon May 24, 2010 11:44 pm

joe_90 wrote:Thanks guys the reference number I've been putting in is :
eg = QML:1234567/12345/1
the app was submitted in mirpur. The only letters are the first three the rest are numbers been trying different combinations but seems I'll have more chance of getting the correct numbers on the lottery.
Type it like this QML/1234567/12345/1 not like this QML:1234567/12345/1
When you feel all alone in this world
And there's nobody to count your tears
Just remember, no matter where you are
Allah knows
Allah knows
[Moderator edit]

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Tue May 25, 2010 12:05 am

seems I'll have more chance of getting the correct numbers on the lottery.
:twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol:

deemi

Post by deemi » Tue May 25, 2010 11:07 am

Salaam all

another day and another update!! Unfortunately the same as yesterday - no news!!! Hope someone has heard something as it really seems to have slowed down!!

And to all the guys that have had there status updated to visa app is under process - sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I don't think it actually means that much!! Mine changed on 12/05/10 along with a few other people and some heard within a couple of days and others - well we are still waiting two weeks on!!
Done waiting!!!!

deemi

Post by deemi » Tue May 25, 2010 3:19 pm

Real quite on these boards today!

Im guessing no one has heard anything or they have and are deep in dua!!
Done waiting!!!!

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Tue May 25, 2010 3:29 pm

Hey Deemi, inshallah you will hear something positive really soon :)

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Tue May 25, 2010 4:55 pm

Well i assume that the visa processing time has some thing to do with the new UK government i mean that probably home office is awaiting instructions regarding the new strict immigration policies for certain countries like pakistan,india,and bangladesh etc.
As the high commissions in third world countries are more rigorous then they are in other countries like newzealand,australia or canada.
Even though the new proposed cap will only effect the skilled migrants but still you never know that whats around the corner and this cap has yet to be introduced but i assume that the new legislations are underway and has slowed down the things for other visa categories as well.This situation is pretty similar to the one which was in summer last year when tens of thousands of applications were stuck with the home office as the whole immigration system was overhauled in 2009.
If some one visit the visa processing times site i.e.UK visas website then you will come acoss a very bold statement which says that coz of some restrictions in place the border agency is unable to upload the recent processing times,so i think some thing is really going on behind the scenes :roll:
And one more thing which is noticeable and some people might not have given it a thought that is all the people whose visas were issued was before the election on 6th of may so i think some more stringent policies are underway and teh ECO's will have to make decisions according to that new strict policy. :cry: :cry: :cry:

The above is all purely based on my personal assumptions and IMHO.