ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How is this possible?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gotovamsee
Newly Registered

How is this possible?

Post by gotovamsee » Tue May 25, 2010 6:37 pm

I have checked with many of my friends in my vicinity who are good at UK visa documentation and processing, they all said I can apply for dependent visa for my wife even before me landing in UK for the first time.

They all assured me its not at all a problem to lodge a dependent application for my wife even though I mentioned spouse is not accompanying me in next 12 months during my visa.

Now my reasonable query is that, if a case worker has no track of the source from which I showed Maintenance funds of 2800GBP during my application, and what if I show the same source of funds as the maintenance for my dependent as well. Is this a loop hole ?? If this is the case every one do the same avoiding maintenance funds for their dependents.

How is this possible???

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 25, 2010 7:07 pm

In case you didn't know, scanned copies of your entire application and documents are now in UKBA database, which they can access anytime (and anywhere, I guess).

If you provide the same bank account details for dependent application as you used in the main application, there is a possibility that the caseworker checks your application from the database, notices the same account number with only about 2800 pounds balance (then, and perhaps lower now) and decides to give your bank a call. Quite possible, isn't it?

Not saying that such things happen (rarely or frequently). But your question isn't whether it will happen / is likely to happen, but whether it is possible?

regards

gotovamsee
Newly Registered

Post by gotovamsee » Wed May 26, 2010 10:53 am

sushdmehta wrote:In case you didn't know, scanned copies of your entire application and documents are now in UKBA database, which they can access anytime (and anywhere, I guess).

If you provide the same bank account details for dependent application as you used in the main application, there is a possibility that the caseworker checks your application from the database, notices the same account number with only about 2800 pounds balance (then, and perhaps lower now) and decides to give your bank a call. Quite possible, isn't it?

Not saying that such things happen (rarely or frequently). But your question isn't whether it will happen / is likely to happen, but whether it is possible?

regards

Thanks for your inputs Mehta,

Sorry for not being so clear on my question. My real intention behind this query was not to fake the case worker with false funds but wanted to check if this is a possible loop hole where one can subsequently apply visa for their dependents with the same funds maintained (still maintained) during the main application now continued to support his/her dependent without adding another 1600GBP to it.

UK VISA guidelines also did not mention any clause on this, so dependents can get VISA without having to show more funds and just by waiting untill main applicant gets VISA approval and carry forward with same maintenance funds. If main application takes 20 days for approval then dependent can apply after that and get in next 10 days. So without having to show more funds you and your spouse can get visa in a month.

Does the bank account has to reflect with dependent/Spouse name?? If this is the case one has to convert that to a joint account and wait for another 3 months.

Thanks
Vamsi

breeza
Newly Registered

Post by breeza » Wed May 26, 2010 12:30 pm

Read the guidance notes my friend, you need to show your 2800 plus your dependent's maintenance whether in the UK or outside of UK. You should have 2800 + (1600 x number of dependents), even though you have received your visa.

Pranvayu

Is this possible?

Post by Pranvayu » Wed May 26, 2010 12:41 pm

Hi mate,

There isnt' a loop hole. Stop looking for one and abide by the rules. The rule is simple: 2800 for yourself plus funds for each dependance. Even if you apply after your visa approval, you must show 2800 plus (each dependant). Cheers.

gotovamsee
Newly Registered

Re: Is this possible?

Post by gotovamsee » Wed May 26, 2010 2:13 pm

Pranvayu wrote:Hi mate,

There isnt' a loop hole. Stop looking for one and abide by the rules. The rule is simple: 2800 for yourself plus funds for each dependance. Even if you apply after your visa approval, you must show 2800 plus (each dependant). Cheers.
This looks more clear to me now,

So it was a misguidance from some one here in other posts, advising me to apply with same maintenance funds as they rarely keep track of what was submitted in the main applicant.

Now thanks a lot to pranvayu and breeza for the confirmation. Also can you suggest if I have to show 2800+1600 for sure then can I provide the same statements submitted earlier (2 months old) for 2800 and fixed deposit with latest letter of funds from another bank on 1600?

Now can this total sum 4400GBP has to be from any multiple sources different from the one that I showed earlier for 2800. And do they accept proofs from bank account on my spouse name alone for that 1600?

Also any finance guys here do tell me if this is possible for a bank to issue a FD letter saying these maintenance funds can be liquidated anytime I want to; esp when there is a loan taken on it at present???

Some say that, case workers accept funds letter from only nationalized banks in inda and not like "Co-Operative Central Bank" which is otherwise a well known local bank. Is this correct??