ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT how to fill section D in newest Uk visa form?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dipon1717
Newly Registered

URGENT how to fill section D in newest Uk visa form?

Post by dipon1717 » Tue May 25, 2010 11:18 am

Can anybody tell me what to fill in section D (D2-D5) of the newest (06/04/10) UK student visa form with also Question B11.

i've already extended my stay once..thus having confusion...my deadline is 30/05/10

THx[/b][/i]

thamsinkumar

Post by thamsinkumar » Tue May 25, 2010 1:02 pm

If ur Visa was issued in Your home country..then tick no and then jump straight to d5

if ur visa is issued in UK.. say yes.. and give all details ..

regarding b 11

if u have any case pending with home office.. then give refrence number other wise just keep empty

dipon1717
Newly Registered

Post by dipon1717 » Tue May 25, 2010 1:46 pm

thamsinkumar wrote:If ur Visa was issued in Your home country..then tick no and then jump straight to d5

if ur visa is issued in UK.. say yes.. and give all details ..

regarding b 11

if u have any case pending with home office.. then give refrence number other wise just keep empty
hi,
thx for ur attention. my 1st visa issued in back home and last extention was issued in UK with ICFN card. i do have following questions in my mind if u can answer them pls.

Section D is abt Immigration history abt myself. keeping that in mind:-

D1 - asking abt my current stay (if i have a entry clearance or visa) which i think YES for most of the cases.

D2 - where i got that? (which one? 1st one or last one?)

D3 - Refference number ( ????)is that the number in my ICFN??? or the 1st visa sticker i have which ran out long time.

D4- Validity ...which 1 ? 1st one or last?
D5- Expiry ....which 1 ? 1st or last one?

regards

thamsinkumar

Post by thamsinkumar » Tue May 25, 2010 1:58 pm

issued in your home country..

check.. if india.. may be Mumbai or Bombay..

and refrence number is on the top left of visa...

date of issue... also that one...

but the expiry they are asking..

read properly..

when ur current visa expire..so when ur card is expiring..

One question i ask u..

U were issued ICFN card.. was it Tier 4 or student ??

and what have u selected in form ?? your current status?? Tier 4 or Student.. as I too confused as i have ICFN card but says student..

Secondly.. do we have to send the back year documents what we have studied?? like what we studied in 2009 ?? as i have diff answers from diif people

dipon1717
Newly Registered

Post by dipon1717 » Tue May 25, 2010 3:06 pm

this section is really giving me headache. it's so confusing.
every question is conflicting with each otha.
look in this link
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/study ... m/#header2

it say current stay...

Section D - immigration history

Give details of your current immigration category, where and when you got permission to stay in the United Kingdom and when your permission to stay ends

but D2 ask b4 travelling to uk.......

my ICFN is student....ours will be student till we get transferred to tier 4...

b4 i can answer ur 2nd question i need to know ...what r u doing now...and what were u doin for last xtension....

thamsinkumar

Post by thamsinkumar » Tue May 25, 2010 4:40 pm

D1. Did the student obtain entry clearance or a visa at the start of their current stay in the United Kingdom?
Yes
- go to question D2
No
- go to question D5

Here.. if ur current visa was issued in UK.. u have to say yes.. and go to D2...

If your current Visa is not from UK..but from ur country.. then No and D5..

As your case is same as mine.. ur will be yes and then fill all details..

Like the first visa sticker u got from ur country... the place... refrence number date of issue..
But for expiry u have to write your current Visa Card expiry date..

Regarding Mine.. I did PGDBM.. last year.. but i changed college once i got Visa, and did same course in diff college.
But for my current running course i have not shown these docs, but my Home country degree, so college have told me to send only which are mentioned in CAS, so i was confused wether i should send my previous year docs(PGDM) or not.. as they may ask for previous year what u did??

what ur College has suggested u ?? help me... please

bethnalblue

Re: URGENT how to fill section D in newest Uk visa form?

Post by bethnalblue » Tue May 25, 2010 8:19 pm

dipon1717 wrote:Can anybody tell me what to fill in section D (D2-D5) of the newest (06/04/10) UK student visa form with also Question B11.

i've already extended my stay once..thus having confusion...my deadline is 30/05/10

THx[/b][/i]
B11. If the student has made an application before and has previous Home Office reference number(s) please provide them (only if this applies to the student and if known) (i):
Reference number 1:
Reference number 2:

If you have previously applied for extension within the UK you must have recieved a letter from the HO with a reference number, please write that reference number.

D2. Where did the student obtain entry clearance or a visa before travelling to the United Kingdom?
Country
Post (City)

write the name of the country and the city where the visa was issued before you travelled to the UK

D5. What date is the student’s current leave (or permission to stay) valid until?
DD/MM/YYYY

please check your current visa or the ID card and write the expiry date mention there

dipon1717
Newly Registered

Post by dipon1717 » Tue May 25, 2010 9:33 pm

bethnalblue wrote:
dipon1717 wrote:Can anybody tell me what to fill in section D (D2-D5) of the newest (06/04/10) UK student visa form with also Question B11.

THx[/b][/i]
B11. If the student has made an application before and has previous Home Office reference number(s) please provide them (only if this applies to the student and if known) (i):
Reference number 1:
Reference number 2:

If you have previously applied for extension within the UK you must have recieved a letter from the HO with a reference number, please write that reference number.

D2. Where did the student obtain entry clearance or a visa before travelling to the United Kingdom?
Country
Post (City)

write the name of the country and the city where the visa was issued before you travelled to the UK

D5. What date is the student’s current leave (or permission to stay) valid until?
DD/MM/YYYY

please check your current visa or the ID card and write the expiry date mention there
for B11 ... the slots are less then the reference number as u mentioned... HO normally provides more then enough slot for every answer....
for D2 ... i've already made a extention here....and my most recent visa was issued in UK.

still u think the same??

bethnalblue

Post by bethnalblue » Tue May 25, 2010 10:11 pm

dipon1717 wrote:
bethnalblue wrote:

THx[/b][/i]
Reference number 1:
Reference number 2:

Country
Post (City)

DD/MM/YYYY

for B11 ... the slots are less then the reference number as u mentioned... HO normally provides more then enough slot for every answer....
for D2 ... i've already made a extention here....and my most recent visa was issued in UK.

still u think the same??
1) As you have previously extended your visa in the UK you must have recieved a letter from the HO stating that your application has been recieved and it will be passed to a casework unit, on this letter there is
Our Reference Number:xxxxxxxxxxxxx please write that number.

2) When you recieved your visa they write you a letter stating that they are returning your passport and other documents which you provided in support of your application, on this letter there is a reference number, check if both the numbers are same, if they are same then write that number and if they are different then write both the numbers. In my case I had 2 reference numbers.

3) For D2 you have to write the country and city where your visa was issued for the very first time as a student.
for example country - India and city Mumbai

I hope I have tried my best to answer your query.

All the best

dipon1717
Newly Registered

Post by dipon1717 » Tue May 25, 2010 11:23 pm

thx bethnalblue for ur time and support. appreciate dat