ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Tue May 25, 2010 5:11 pm

navalaviator,

surely the new strict regime should only affect decisions made on cases submitted AFTER 6th May, cases prior to this date were handed in under the old government hence should be processed the way they used to be???

Also it takes time to change legislation etc so even though the new government would like to make immigration policies stricter they need to go through the usual legal rigmarole in order to bring them into force and these processes often take time, so I personally dont think this is the case.

deemi

Post by deemi » Tue May 25, 2010 5:26 pm

I agree with CRT7!! As it's very unlikely that legally u could enforce any new changes on an application under a previous scheme! Plus you would have to announce them and give dates from when they are to come into effect.

For example the raising of the age to 21 came into effect in November a couple of years ago - however if u applied before that date (even the day before) you were not covered by that legislation therefore could be under 21.

Finally the restrictions in place relate to publishing restrictions that all civil service and affiliated public sector bodies have to follow. It basically means that u can't publish any data (be it a report or stats) during an election period so as not to influence public opinion directly or indirectly. Hope that clears some stuff up!!

The fact that they still haven't publishe stats now is that they were probably waiting for the new parliment (as of today) and it's the civil service - so they take there time to do anything!! Haha!!
Done waiting!!!!

k_khan

Post by k_khan » Tue May 25, 2010 8:29 pm

hi
i was just wondering the application form filled out for spouse visa is it just the same application form every year or is this application form updated if you know what i mean

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Tue May 25, 2010 10:56 pm

Heres a question for the folks whose visa have been successful. How did you go about opening a bank account (I'm just starting to prepare everything for ILR). I spoke to HSBC and they insisted that they can't open up a joint account with just my wifes medical card, and I would need a utility bill for them to be able to do so.

Is transfering the ultility bill to my wifes name the only option?

Zak.

abbas_ahmed
Newly Registered

Settlement Appeal - Passports awaited

Post by abbas_ahmed » Tue May 25, 2010 11:24 pm

Hi,

It's been 4+ weeks since we submitted my family's passports at Gerry's Lahore after a successful appeal, can someone tell how much time it will take?

Thanks.

deer727
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Settlement Appeal - Passports awaited

Post by deer727 » Wed May 26, 2010 12:09 am

abbas_ahmed wrote:Hi,

It's been 4+ weeks since we submitted my family's passports at Gerry's Lahore after a successful appeal, can someone tell how much time it will take?

Thanks.
hi.
its tack 6 to 8 week.

azim
Newly Registered

Post by azim » Wed May 26, 2010 1:30 am

azim wrote:[hi guys it has been a long time since i have visited this forum and could you advice me on this, As you no my wife's visa was refused last year and i appealed against the decision and i had an hearing on 12 april 2010 which they originally said my marriage was not genuine but at the hearing the judge said the marriage is genuine butas she has been to the UK on a previous visa and she overstayed although ui wasnt married to her then, the refused the appeal but what i want to know from you guys is that not against the law? to refuse on that basis because she is coming for a settlement not as a visit i have re-appealed to reconsider the decision would you guys advice me what will happen next or what should i do to rectify that?
your advice will be appreciated
:x :evil: :evil: :evil:

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Wed May 26, 2010 2:33 am

k_khan wrote:hi
i was just wondering the application form filled out for spouse visa is it just the same application form every year or is this application form updated if you know what i mean
Currently it is dated Dec 2008. I'm sure they will just update the link when an update is made.
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Re: Settlement Appeal - Passports awaited

Post by navalaviator » Wed May 26, 2010 6:59 am

deer727 wrote:
abbas_ahmed wrote:Hi,

Thanks.
hi.
its tack 6 to 8 week.
its tack 6 to 8 week
:roll:
On apprend en faillant.
One learns while failing
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Wed May 26, 2010 7:36 am

deemi wrote:I agree with CRT7!! As it's very unlikely that legally u could enforce any new changes on an application under a previous scheme! Plus you would have to announce them and give dates from when they are to come into effect.

For example the raising of the age to 21 came into effect in November a couple of years ago - however if u applied before that date (even the day before) you were not covered by that legislation therefore could be under 21.

Finally the restrictions in place relate to publishing restrictions that all civil service and affiliated public sector bodies have to follow. It basically means that u can't publish any data (be it a report or stats) during an election period so as not to influence public opinion directly or indirectly. Hope that clears some stuff up!!

The fact that they still haven't publishe stats now is that they were probably waiting for the new parliment (as of today) and it's the civil service - so they take there time to do anything!! Haha!!

C'est vraiment gentil de ta part. :lol:
It's very kind of you for clearing up that

deemi

Post by deemi » Wed May 26, 2010 10:39 am

Salaam all

I'm enjoying doing these daily updates!! Sadly I have no news again today!!

Anyone heard anything?? Its been really slow the last week!!

Wasalaam
Done waiting!!!!

Is200
Newly Registered

Post by Is200 » Wed May 26, 2010 12:46 pm

Slaam Everyone

My wife has submitted her settlement visa application
at Gerrys Lahore. Here is the update so far

Submitted: 31st March 2010
status: Visa application is under process at the British High Commission

I have email them at visa centres Islamabad: no reply, Dubai: they explained my type of application is no longer dealt by them. It's between British home office in Islamabad or Lobdon. And finally the UKHUB in Lobdob who explain application is under process and do not contact them before 12 weeks are over.

Inshallah everyone here's good news goodluck

slaam

deemi

Post by deemi » Wed May 26, 2010 12:54 pm

Salaam Is200

Yeah there really is no point in emailing them - as they seem to just say "go away and dont bother us until the 12 weeks are up"!

Your application date is around the same time as a few people on this board so i would keep an eye on the board to see when they get reponses - it doesnt mean yours will follow but at least you will have some idea!

The last response recieved that i can remember was last wednesday for someone that applied on the 24th March i think!

Anyways - mrh,sherif & CRT7 - any news people???

Wasalaam
Done waiting!!!!

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Wed May 26, 2010 1:30 pm

nope no update tracking site still says app forwarded to Islamabad OC on......

deemi is right, no point in emailing them b4 12 wks are up......

If i havent heard by next week (which will complete my 12wks) then I will be emailing them and getting my solicitor on their case....my solicitor is brilliant he prepared the whole case for me and still responds to my emails whenever I need help.

Inshallah I will hear before then......just have to wait it out.

deemi

Post by deemi » Wed May 26, 2010 1:33 pm

CRT7 - has your status not changed to "visa application under process at BHC"?

Seems wierd that it hasnt!! These are the kind of things that annoy me - the total lack of consistency from application to application!!

And deff get on thier case if you dont hear by the 12 week deadline!!!
If that happens with me i will be emailing them every bloody day!!
Done waiting!!!!

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Wed May 26, 2010 1:38 pm

deemi,

No it hasnt.....

I know what you mean, it's random isnt it, also how we're both civil servants and UKBA have contacted my employer but they havent contacted yours and your status has changed slightly???

Dont really know what to make of it.........but yeah will defo get emailin next week, lol, but like I say im hoping to hear from them before then....

deemi

Post by deemi » Wed May 26, 2010 1:52 pm

CRT7 - i honestly just dont get it!!

All i can think is maybe your application was started before this new fangled computer system was installed and launched in mid March? Thats why you havent had your status updated?

And again with not contacting my employer - no idea why not!! My theory is that they can check the website and see it exists plus i sent wage slips, letter from my employer, P60 and you can see the money going into the bank so they havent bothered as they are satisfied!!

Or they have found something they dont like and decided to not look at anything else!!! Lets hope not!!!

Anyways - i have a good feeling that tommorrow will be the day!! HAHA!!
Done waiting!!!!

sherifuk
Newly Registered

Post by sherifuk » Wed May 26, 2010 2:01 pm

hi deemi

same situation with me status change on 12 may 10 that its under process same like you.. i did recieve a call from them on the 18 may 10 to confirm employement after that all went quite no news since

hope for the best inshallah

waiting!!

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Wed May 26, 2010 2:50 pm

deemi didnt realise they had a new system mid March???

Maybe thats why my status hasnt changed as your status change is something new isnt it?

My employer is widely known on internet too, I also enclosed wage slips, employers letter and P60 as well as bank statements showing my wage being paid into my account.......so no difference there.....

its like you say.....lack of consistency.......but one thing is for sure if they didn't want to do further research and rejected it, surely you would have heard by now????

Inshallah we will all hear good news soon

Yousafa

Post by Yousafa » Wed May 26, 2010 4:52 pm

Salaam All,

I've been following the board for a while and my wife submitted her application yesterday. Judging by your experiences I have a long hard wait in front of me.

Let's pray it passes smoothly for all.

Best Wishes...

deemi

Post by deemi » Wed May 26, 2010 5:39 pm

Yousafa

you never know mate!! It can take between 1 and 3 month depending on the workload/no. of applications!

At the beggining of the year they were flying out in about 1 month but now they have been a bit slow!!

Inshallah we will all hear soon!!
Done waiting!!!!

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Wed May 26, 2010 6:33 pm

Well guys did any one try to call gerry's to enquire about the status of your application :roll:
Last year gerry's were too slow to contact people to inform them for the collection of there passports as large number applications which were processed and came back to gerry's for the collection of applicants and gerry's didnt bother at all to contact the people regarding the collection of their passports whcih caused the people to rush for the tickets at the very last moments to avoid any risk of delayed travel as passports with valid visas were with gerry and am afraid that god forbid this situation could arise in this summer as well :?
Well what i can say they do become lazy some times though :evil:

deemi

Post by deemi » Wed May 26, 2010 6:36 pm

That's an interesting point!!

I did email them about a week or so ago by might try another one at the end of this week just to be sure!!
Done waiting!!!!

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Wed May 26, 2010 6:37 pm

Kaidee any updates mate :roll:

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Wed May 26, 2010 6:45 pm

@Deemi
mate just phone them after every couple of days or so to find out any thing new.
I mean just ask them frequently and it would surely cause them to rush :wink: (i assume so!)